Home Forums WoodMart support forum Change Add to cart button text

Change Add to cart button text

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

marouane91
    Participant

Hello,

As the title says, i’ve been trying to change the Add to cart button in my products page, i tried using the code from the page below in my functions.php file in (child theme) but it doesn’t seem to work.

Coud you please tell me specifically where i can edit the texts button ?

https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/change-add-to-cart-button-text/

Thank you so much in advance.

Kindly to you

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Try to change it with a Loco Translate plugin. Here is a video tutorial that should help you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3NsDdMzsls
    This text should be found in the WooCommerce translations files.

Regards

marouane91
    Participant

Thank you for your reply,

I’ve read about this solution on the documentation but i don’t want to install an additional plugin just for a 3 words, i already have plenty of plugins in my site i don’t wanna suffocate my WordPress with an additional plugin.

So if there is another way around, more like a direct approach towards resolving this, i’ll appreciate it.

Thank you for your concern

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You just need to rename your words in the PO files using this plugin and then simply delete the plugin. It needed to create translations files only.

marouane91
    Participant

I did by your advice and installed the plugin and replaced all the chain caracters where there was “Add to cart” and changed them by “Subscribe” but it doesn’t seem to work, no changes are made on the button ?

I’m i doing something ? or is there another away i can reach a certain specific file where i can edit this text from the code directly ?

Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, provide us your admin access so we can check your translations.

marouane91
    Participant

Hi Artem,

I am very sorry for the late answer, regarding my issue i solved it by change the “Add to cart” text directly in a php file located at “/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes”, because the translation method didn’t work for me even though it seemed that i did everything just fine.

Anyway the solution mentionned above worked great for me.

Sorry again for the delay and i thank you for your help.

Kindly

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Great, we are glad that you have found the solution.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)