Home Forums WoodMart support forum Change attribute display style for Linked Variations attributes

Change attribute display style for Linked Variations attributes

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Thomas
    Participant

Hi,

We want to change the attribute style of some attributes for Linked Variations.

On the attached printscreen you’ll see on the left productpage a Linked Variation productpage. The red marked attribute display is what we would like to change to the same style as a dropdown like the right productpage. The right productpage is a variable product at the moment.

I believe there are no settings within the theme to change this. But since we will have to add way more sizes to the Linked Variation this will not look good on the productpage. Is there any solution to this?

• This topic was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by Thomas.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Go to Attributes > Edit Attributes > Configure terms > edit any value > and check the swatch option.
    You can choose one swatch type.

Best Regards.

Thomas
    Participant

Hi Aizaz,

Thanks for your quick reply but i didn’t get it working (yet). Please have a look at my printscreen attached.

When i check ‘Text swatch’ to On, it doesn’t change anything. The only thing that works is giving it a color, but that’s not appropiate for a size attribute. I just want the size attribute to be a dropdown like how it’s displayed when you have a variable product (see earlier shared printscreen). How to get this done?

Attachments:

Hello,

By Default, Woocmmerce has the option to show variable products in drop down. Enter each attribute item and disable swatch.

Please check this manual and make all vice versa to get the attributes as the drop-down: https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/variable-products-swatches/

Best Regards.

Thomas
    Participant

Hi Aizaz,

I believe you are not paying attention to what i’m saying or viewing my pintscreens at all. As i mentioned before in my first post i want the size attribute to show the same on a Linked variation productpage as it looks like on a Variable product page (dropdown).

The attributes i have added for the Linked variations have no swatches active but still don’t show in a dropdown. Do you understand what i mean? How can i get the same dropdown for a Linked variation productpage as the one in my attached printscreen?

Attachments:

Hello,

Sorry to say the drop-down is not possible with the linked products.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards.

Thomas
    Participant

@aizaz can you add it to the list of feature requests? I think a lot of people would like this because when you have linked variations with sizes like 140 x 220 it’s visually not attractive how it is right now. Please make it possible to show this in a dropdown.

Hello,

Thanks for sharing the suggestion/feature request with us, we are forwarding this to our development department for consideration to add it in the Theme, but we are not giving you the guarantee for that because please note that a Theme cannot satisfy all requirements as it may cause Theme heaviness. Sometimes it may require your own Customization. So if the development department finds it fit with the Theme environment then surely they will look through it.

Thanks for your understanding & contacting us.
    Have a great day !

Best Regards.

Thomas
    Participant

Hi Aizaz,

I’m still waiting for this styling, do you have any update? As i think many people would love to have attributes like ‘size’ display as a dropdown for Linked Variations.

Looking forward to your reply.
    Thomas

Hello,

Sorry but there is no option in Theme Settings available for that.

It requires customizations and this is beyond our limitations and support policy.

Regards.
    Xtemos Studios

Thomas
    Participant

Hi Aizaz,

You know that doesn’t answer my question! I understand it requires customization and it isn’t possible right now. But earlier you said: ‘Thanks for sharing the suggestion/feature request with us, we are forwarding this to our development department for consideration to add it in the Theme, but we are not giving you the guarantee for that because please note that a Theme cannot satisfy all requirements as it may cause Theme heaviness.’ and i’m curious if and when it might be added to the theme?

Linked Variations now only works for attributes that have swatches like a color. But when you have text-based attributes like size ‘120 x 180 cm’ than it should be formatted as a dropdown like a normal variable product. Hopefully you can reconsider adding this to the developments team backlog.

Thomas

Hello,

Yes, we will consider it.

Thanks for contacting us.
    Have a great day.

Topic Closed.
    Best Regards.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Change attribute display style for Linked Variations attributes’ is closed to new replies.