Home Forums WoodMart support forum Change Blog title from H3 to H1s on single blog pages

Change Blog title from H3 to H1s on single blog pages

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

ruthemode
    Participant

On the single blog pages, the word “Blog” above the article title is an h3. Is it possible to make the article title the first and only title and in h1, so the word “Blog” doesn’t appear at all except on the archive page?

If not, how can that “Blog” be turned into an h1 title for the sake of SEO?

Hello,

Go to Theme Settings > Page title > Title tag > Choose the HTML tag to use for the page title.

Best Regards.

ruthemode
    Participant

That setting is already set to H1, but the title “Blog” on the individual blog pages continues to be h3. Can you please take a look?

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by ruthemode.

Hello,

Please update the new version of the theme “WOODMART WordPress NEW: 7.3.3 RELEASED” and update the required plugin and check the issue.
    https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/update-the-theme/

If the issue still remains, deactivate the third party plugins on your site and check the issue. If the issue still persists, let me know I will further check the issue on your site.

Best Regards.

ruthemode
    Participant

I tried deactivating all the plugins except for the Woodmart core and there’s still h3 headings on single blog pages at the top.

Hello,

This tag cannot be changed by the page title options, because it is considered that the main title on the article page is the title of the article itself and not its affiliation to the blog, so it is not a bug, but if you want to change it, you needs go to file inc/template-tags/template-tags.php there is a function starting on string 923 called woodmart_page_title, which needs to be copied to the child theme functions.php file.

In that function on string 1152 (https://monosnap.com/file/8ePKcMhMkk5b3yYuWtC5SGLnCdcwnN) you can change the h3 tag to the desired one.

Best Regards.

ruthemode
    Participant

I don’t want to create a child theme, but I could use WP Code Snippets. Since I’m not great at coding with PHP, can you give me the exact code I’d need to change those H3s to H1s?

I would so appreciate that help, so that my SEO can really take off.

Hello,

Sorry to say that there is no code snippet for this. You have to customize the theme files.

Sorry but there is no option in Theme Settings available for that.

It requires customizations and this is beyond our limitations and support policy.

Regards.
    Xtemos Studios

Tagged: ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)