Home Forums Basel support forum Change shopping cart icon and title

Change shopping cart icon and title

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

amalonevv
    Participant

How do i change the shopping cart icon to a folder icon and change the title from Shopping Cart to Samples Folder? See screenshots

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

amalonevv
    Participant

And, I need to change the buttons, see screenshot, to: View Folder (with white font color) and Submit Request

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and for contacting us.

Please read and follow the instructions to change the icon in the shopping cart: https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/header-builder/custom-icon-shopping-cart-wishlist-search-header/

You can rewrite all theme and plugin texts via PO file in WordPress. Here is a video tutorial that should help you rewrite your website texts with a Loco Translate plugin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3NsDdMzsls&list=PLMw6W4rAaOgKKv0oexGHzpWBg1imvrval&index=3

We suggest you to keep translated files in wp-content/languages/themes/woodmart-pt_PT.po folder.

Best Regards

amalonevv
    Participant

Where is the Header Builder?

amalonevv
    Participant

And, I have the Basel theme, not Woodmart

Hello,

Sorry, there is no option to set a custom icon. You can try different icon design in the Theme Settings > Header > Shopping cart widget. These designs have typed if cart icon, perhaps you would accept. If you still want your own, please let us know we shall provide custom CSS.

Best Regards

amalonevv
    Participant

hi yes, it is important. if i can have the custom css that would be great. we don’t sell anything on our site and we only refer to the “cart” section as a “folder” for their sample requests.

amalonevv
    Participant

And, the loco translate plugin is for translations. i don’t need a translation. i need to change the the text from “view cart” to “view folder” and from “checkout” to “submit request”

Hello,

So, which icon do you want to place instead of the shopping cart? You can choose any from https://fontawesome.com/v4.7.0/icons/

Yes, Loco is for translation, however, you can use it to rewrite any text. Your strings would be saved after update

Best Regards

amalonevv
    Participant

Hello,

Please add this code to the Theme Settings > Custom CSS > Global:

body .icons-design-line .shopping-cart.basel-cart-alt>a:before {
        content: "\f115 ";
    	font-family:fontawesome;
    }
    body .icons-design-line .shopping-cart.basel-cart-alt > a::before {
        content: "\f115 ";
    	font-family:fontawesome;
    }

Best Regards

amalonevv
    Participant

Hello,

1) the css provided did not work and broke my site. please see attached screenshot. are you able to provide some different code?

2) i cannot figure out how to use the loco translate plugin to change the text on the mini shopping cart buttons. i followed the video tutorial several times, but the button text is not changing. are you able to suggest a different plugin or different instructions? If you can tell me where the php file is for the mini cart, i can edit that in our cpanel.

amalonevv
    Participant

Hello,

1) the css provided did not work and broke my site. please see attached screenshot. are you able to provide some different code?

2) i cannot figure out how to use the loco translate plugin to change the text on the mini shopping cart buttons. i followed the video tutorial several times, but the button text is not changing. are you able to suggest a different plugin or different instructions? If you can tell me where the php file is for the mini cart, i can edit that in our cpanel.

Hello,

1. I am checking the site and see that everything is well with code and it is workable – the icon has been changed.

2. View the video and follow the instruction. You need to create the same language which is your admin is. Settings > General

Best Regards

amalonevv
    Participant

Hi, the icon has not been changed. Please check again.

amalonevv
    Participant

i followed the video instructions, again. the text is not changing. please help.

Hello,

Please provide your site admin access as well as the string which you cannot translate.

Best Regards

amalonevv
    Participant

When you click on the cart icon, I would like the sidebar header to say “Folder Preview” instead of “Shopping Cart” and i would like the buttons to say “View Folder” instead of “View Cart” and say “Submit Request” instead of “Checkout”

Please note, if you are on the home page and open the cart icon, the sidebar header says “Shopping Cart.” But, if you are a different page, the sidebar header says “Folder Preview.”

Thank you!!

Hello,

Seems that was the problem of the cache. Now I see all your translations.

Please check again.

Best Regards

amalonevv
    Participant

thank you. everything is fixed.

You are welcome! If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Change shopping cart icon and title’ is closed to new replies.