Home Forums WoodMart support forum Checkout layots BUGs

Checkout layots BUGs

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

FreeRiderNSK
    Participant

Hello!
    We can’t fix the problem!
    If you use a layout for the checkout page, after the guest goes to another page, the selected parameters of the region and city of delivery are not saved.

If you disable layouts and use the standard checkout page, there are no problems, everything is fine.

I know that you need to add hooks. Using the WP QUERY plugin, I found out that only “woocommerce_checkout_before_customer_details” is missing. I added it.

It didn’t help.
    It still doesn’t save the customer’s location.

Please watch the video and ask to fix it!
    The problem is only with layouts!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please disable any plugins not directly related to our theme and provide us with your admin access details. We will log in to your dashboard and investigate the issue. Please ensure that you only keep the following plugins that are necessary for our theme to work correctly:
    – WoodMart core
    – WooCommerce
    – Elementor/WPBakery Page Builder

Thank you in advance.

FreeRiderNSK
    Participant

Hello! Artem, the site works. People place orders on this site. You can’t disable plugins. You can only enable the WP QUERY MONITOR plugin for research. You can also briefly disable layouts for the checkout page for research. The edostavka plugin also adds regions and cities. Therefore, you can’t disable it. I found that it only doesn’t work with layouts. Other plugins have no effect. Will this option work? Can I provide access?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

In this case, you need to create a staging development copy of your website. There, you will be able to do such kind of experiments without any harm to your production website.

Kind Regards

FreeRiderNSK
    Participant

Artem. The delivery plugin is licensed. And it does not work on another domain.

FreeRiderNSK
    Participant

I managed to activate the license on the test site for a short time. You can do whatever you want.

FreeRiderNSK
    Participant

I noticed another small glitch.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

FreeRiderNSK
    Participant

PS
    Plugin “CDEK WooCommerce Shipping Method”
    Added States and Cities

FreeRiderNSK
    Participant

Hi! Please watch the video of the developer of the shipping plugin. He shows that the problem is in the layouts.

FreeRiderNSK
    Participant

Hello!
    Have you managed to figure it out? Should we expect a patch or do we need further explanation of the problem?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We have investigated this issue but can’t understand why the plugin behaves this way when the custom layout is enabled. This bug should also be investigated by the plugin developer. Otherwise, we will have to declare this plugin as incompatible with our theme’s custom checkout layout.

Kind Regards

FreeRiderNSK
    Participant

Hello!
    Have you watched this video? (https://www.loom.com/share/153ea249063e4f10a70fefd75162b921?sid=11870ccb-99dd-491f-9016-e0055b3f6fd9) at 01:50…
    Please note the verification method in the developer console (window.checkoutView.model.attributes).

I also use a layout for the cart page. On the cart page, the “window.checkoutView.model.attributes” object is filled and works correctly. This only does not work for the checkout page when using a layout.

The plugin developer has investigated the issue again and has given a new comment:

I read this topic, there is no solution in it. Well, it does not help me. The problem is clearly somewhere in this checkout form.
    I just went to your site again, decided to check what data is being reset. So, I filled in all the fields, selected the order pickup point, left the checkout and went back to it again and as a result, all the data, both the first and last name, the phone number and email, everything was reset. My plugin does not affect such fields as “First Name”, “Last Name”, “Phone” and “Email” at all. It only uses the values ​​​​from these fields when sending data to the CDEK delivery service. And when placing an order, it does not even know about their existence. In addition, you yourself write that everything works when using the standard checkout form.
    Also, I do not think that this is a matter of some hooks. I don’t know how this checkout works, of course, but I guess that the hooks that you can connect to this checkout are only template hooks, and not those that are used for the internal logic of data processing. Simply because connecting hooks that process data to a template (and your checkout is a template) makes no sense.
    To make it clearer, I’ll give an example. The hook woocommerce_checkout_before_customer_details is only a template hook, because it is called directly at the time of rendering the checkout form. You can connect any additional HTML blocks to this hook that you want to be displayed at the very top of the checkout form. These hooks also include woocommerce_checkout_billing, woocommerce_checkout_shipping, woocommerce_checkout_after_customer_details, etc.
    And there are hooks that affect the logic of data processing. For example, the hook woocommerce_checkout_update_order_review is triggered every time the checkout form is reloaded/updated. This hook can be used, for example, to redefine some data when the order form is reloaded/updated. But you can’t just insert some HTML block into it, since this will break the logic of Woocommerce.
    One could suggest that some hook is missing and this checkout cannot save data because of this, but this is not so. And the video I sent you shows that when changing the value in the form, the data in the “checkoutView” object changes. Then, if you go from checkout to the cart, you can see that all this data is also saved in this object. But as soon as we go to checkout, all the data is empty, including the data that is not connected with the CDEK plugin.

Please check again and provide feedback!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Firstly, the fact that fields such as “First Name”, “Last Name”, “Phone”, and “Email” are reset without the plugin is normal. This behavior is consistent with both the default theme (Storefront) and our theme.

Secondly, during checkout, a request edostavka_set_customer_location_model is sent to https://monosnap.com/file/tcnz0FaGjs4mScirGlSmsQlWuwHH8H to obtain data for the viewModel. This triggers the onModelChange method in the file wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-edostavka/assets/js/frontend/related-checkout-fields.js, which under these conditions calls the reset method that resets the fields, as shown in https://monosnap.com/file/ILqPp6VB1kSLd3RBhn8UVhTcpVvMPr.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)