Home Forums Basel support forum Checkout New Field

Checkout New Field

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

jpmorales
    Participant

Good afternoon.

I have tried to include a new field in the customer’s data (DNI/CIF) through several plugins but, although it appears in the customer’s file, when it arrives at the checkout it is not asked for.

We then have to call the customer to ask for that information because it does not appear on the form where the information is requested at checkout.

The plugins I have tried are “WC – APG Campo NIF/CIF/NIE”, “WooCommerce Checkout Manager” and “Checkout Field Editor for Woocommerce”.

Could you help me?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you so much for contacting our support center.

To better assist you, could you kindly test the functionality with default WordPress themes such as TwentyTwenty or WooCommerce Storefront? This will help us determine whether the issue stems from our theme or elsewhere.

Regards

jpmorales
    Participant

I have the web on production. I cant change theme now.

Sorry!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

In this case, you need to create a staging development copy of your website. There, you will be able to do such kind of experiments without any harm to your production website.

Kind Regards

jpmorales
    Participant

Good afternoon.

I have created a replica of the website at https://test.sevillamotorhome.com and have changed the theme to WordPress. The problem I see now is that the Checkout page has kept the page layout of the Basel template.

I don’t know how to remove it so I can check if the problem is with WordPress or with the theme.

Could you help me in this regard?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Could you please send us a screenshot of the problem so we can better understand what you mean?

jpmorales
    Participant

Good afternoon.

Sorry for the delay. Of course.

In the CheckOutPage image I attach a screenshot of the fields that appear on the checkout page.

In the ChekutFields image I show you how Woocommerce is configured and the new field (red square) that should appear in the Checkout.

Thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

As we can see, it doesn’t work with other themes as well. It means that the issue is not related to the Basel theme.

Kind Regards

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)