Home Forums WoodMart support forum Clarification on Woodmart Theme Update and Child Theme Compatibility

Clarification on Woodmart Theme Update and Child Theme Compatibility

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

nammabox23
    Participant

Dear Woodmart Support Team,

I recently purchased the Woodmart theme, and I have been using it with a child theme to customize my website. I’ve made several modifications and adjustments in the child theme to suit my requirements.

I have received a notification that there is an update available for the parent Woodmart theme. Before proceeding with the update, I would like to clarify a few concerns to ensure a smooth process and avoid any potential issues.

Effect on Child Theme Customizations
    If I update the parent theme, will it impact the customizations I have made in my child theme? I want to ensure that all the changes I have applied to the child theme remain intact after updating the parent theme.

Switching from Child Theme to Parent Theme
    In case I decide to switch from the child theme to the parent theme directly, will the work done in my child theme still be available? I want to understand the implications of transitioning from the child theme to the parent theme on my website’s appearance and functionality.

I appreciate your assistance in providing guidance on these matters. Additionally, if there are any specific steps or precautions I should take before updating the parent theme, please let me know.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. I look forward to your guidance to ensure a seamless experience with the Woodmart theme.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Since child themes allow you to customize any part of the theme, we are not responsible for any changes you make there. Our support service doesn’t include fixing any issues related to the child theme. Your customizations may not be compatible with newer versions of the parent theme, so they may require further maintenance from your side.

When you switch between parent and child themes your custom code remains.

Kind Regards

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)