Home Forums Basel support forum Click on search icon when user is logged in

Click on search icon when user is logged in

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

milan.batinic
    Participant

Hi!

I am sending you two screenshots at a screen width of 922px.
    You can see how clicking on the search icon opens a menu with the search function placed in it when the user is logged in.
    Additionally, when the user is not logged in, clicking on the icon displays an element with the class ‘basel-search-wrapper’.

Is this normal behavior?

Regards, Milan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We just tested this and it works as expected on your website. Make sure that you restart the browser tab after resizing to initiate scripts with a proper width variable.

Kind Regards

milan.batinic
    Participant

Hi!

Thank you for the quick response.
    I tried opening it in different browsers after clearing the cache.
    I also tried on two different phones; however, clicking on the icon still opens the menu.

Regards,
    Milan

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, it is how it is supposed to work. You can see the same behavior on our demo website.

milan.batinic
    Participant

Hi!

What I gather from your answers is that when the search icon is clicked, the expected behavior is to open a menu with the search field activated. Let’s assume we have established that, let’s say that’s okay.

Now, you have login details for my website. Could you please log in, clear all cache using the ‘Quick clear all cache’ option in the ‘WP Engine Quick Links’ menu, empty the cache in your browser, and then open the website again? When I do this, clicking on the search icon displays an element with the class ‘basel-search-wrapper’ without opening the menu. Please refer to the image I attached.

Additionally, I have no use for your demo site because I cannot check user-logged-in behavior on it.

Regards,
    Milan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Could you please check it on a real mobile device and send us a screenshot?

milan.batinic
    Participant

I have checked on a real mobile device, and it opens the menu with the search field activated. It is working fine. Thank you for your help.

Regards,
    Milan

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Great, we are happy to help. Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Click on search icon when user is logged in’ is closed to new replies.