Home Forums WoodMart support forum Color swatches not displayed properly after theme update

Color swatches not displayed properly after theme update

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

wkmaster1985
    Participant

Dear Xtemos support team,

I use your Woodmart theme on my website.

For testing theme updates I created a staging website.
    Unfortunately, I found out that after the latest update the color swatches on the product pages are not displayed correctly anymore. Please see links in the private content section.

I appreciate your support very much. Please let me know how you solved the problem on the staging website so that I can solve the problem on the live website. Thank you very much.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

The issue is in your custom code that is in the child theme. Please activate the parent theme and you will see the normal swatches.

If you ever need to reach out to me, please do not hesitate to do so.

Kind Regards

wkmaster1985
    Participant

Hi Luke,

thank you for your reply. I am afraid I am not that happy about your response as I pointed out to you that the update of the theme caused the wrong display of colors. When I switch to the old Woodmart theme version (6.5.4) as parent theme then the swatches problem is gone.

As the problem is caused by code in your theme, I kindly ask you to further look into my issue and provide a solution. Today I extended support for this theme and invested money, so I beg for your understanding that you please provide a solution for me why your theme code causes my color swatches to display incorrectly.

I started digging further in analyzing the cause of the problem.
    On the live website the old theme version 6.5.4 is installed. The following CSS is responsible for correctly displaying the swatches:
    /wp-content/themes/woodmart/css/parts/woo-mod-product-swatches.min.css?ver=6.5.4

On the staging website, with the new theme, this CSS does NOT get loaded anymore. Therefore the swatches are not displayed as circles.

I kindly ask you to further look into this issue.

Thank you very much

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

You have the parent theme with the “” name, it has the 7.0.4 version (the latest update), so when I activate the parent theme with the latest update, the swatches appear well (more detail in the below video).

So let’s dig deeper. In the File editor, I see that you have overridden some files related to variables from WooCommerce.

Most likely, these third party custom codes in your child’s theme don’t work well with the latest update of the theme.

In the meantime, feel free to ask me any questions you may have.

Kind Regards

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Luke Nielsen.

wkmaster1985
    Participant

Hi Luke,

I will have a look. Please mark your last answer as private as the name of the website is publicly visible which is something I do not want.
    Thank you for your understanding. Please let me know after you have marked your comment as private.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

The thing is that the “Private area” is visible only for the moderators, so you will not see the message. So in case if you checked the above videos, I can remove them. Just let me know.

Kind Regards

wkmaster1985
    Participant

Hi Luke,

yes, please remove the videos, they are publicly accessible.

I resolved the issue: I copied variable.php from the new parent theme folder to the child theme folder.

Let’s talk about the Woodmart theme file variable.php (woocommerce/single-product/add-to-cart):
    How do I achieve that custom text appears between do_action( 'woocommerce_single_variation' ); (line 308) and do_action( 'woocommerce_after_single_variation' ); (line 313).
    My goal is to add text WITHOUT having to edit woodmart theme files. Maybe I can achieve my goal via functions.php?

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Ok, I have deleted the video.

Sorry, I cannot tell you exactly so please try to use the information from this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0qtqEes85U

Kind Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)