Home Forums WoodMart support forum Critical error with elementor on cart page

Critical error with elementor on cart page

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

BPP
    Participant

Hi

I noticed critical error that keeps me from editing a custom cart page i’ve created with elementor.
    This occured when i tried to add an Element which would draw some “frequently bought together” products.

Since then the Elementor Editor won’t load anymore on this page. Can you help me troubleshoot this? they say it’s a Theme problem…

best regards
    Chris

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

The Frequently Bought Together products module is made for the single product page only. It will not work on the cart page so you can’t add it using Layouts.

Kind Regards

BPP
    Participant

Well that will be OK but i’m already in a situation now where i can’t easily remove the module because elementor won’t load anymore on this page. So what can i do?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We have removed this element from the cart page. Please, test how it works from your end now.

BPP
    Participant

Yes! thank you. I can edit the page again and it behaves normal on the Frontend.

I’ve got another problem regarding the mini cart widget.
    There are troubles with it when elementor pro is active (not with the free version).

It won’t work properly, sometimes it is displayed empty or if there are already products i cant edit/remove them.
    Can you have a look at this too and tell me if this is something you can solve or if i have to reach out to Elementor support again?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

It seems like you have enabled Elementor’s cart widget that replaces our theme’s widget and its style. You can disable it in Dashboard -> Elementor -> Settings -> Integrations https://gyazo.com/c740c3031eb1238ff47e5b747a0c6941

Kind Regards

BPP
    Participant

Yes i’ve tried that but that does not make it better.
    At the moment i have set it to use Woodmarts standard but no Products are shown at all inside the widget.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Could you please disable all external plugins temporarily? Except for Elementor PRO so we can check how it impacts the cart widget.

Kind Regards

BPP
    Participant

Sure, i’ve deactivated most of the plugins for the moment.
    You can go ahead an check!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, it seems to be somehow related to Elementor PRO. Could you please install the official Storefront WooCommerce theme and see how the widget in the header works there?

BPP
    Participant

I’ve installed Storefront and switched over to it.
    The widget in the Header is still there but it acts as a simple link to the cart page.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, but the widget should appear there. Please, try to disable Elementor and see if it works.

BPP
    Participant

It show the following behaviour with storefront:
    – when i deactivate Elementor Pro the mini cart widget appears on hover (as intended i guess)
    – when Elementro Pro is active the Button only acts as a link to the normal Cart

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, it seems like the Elementor PRO has a conflict with WooCommerce shopping cart widget. When the plugin is turned on, the widget is not visible on Storefront and WoodMart. It doesn’t seem to be a theme issue.

Kind Regards

BPP
    Participant

OK, so i will reach out to their support.

BPP
    Participant

This bug has been sorted out by the Elementor Team.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Great, we are glad that you sorted it out! Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Critical error with elementor on cart page’ is closed to new replies.