Home Forums WoodMart support forum Custom CSS Best Practices

Custom CSS Best Practices

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

thedrumdoctor
    Participant

I’m new to this theme and I would normally use the CSS style sheet in a child theme to style elements outside of the scope of a theme editor. However, I see the theme itself relies on a child theme which I assume gets updated with a new release which would overwrite any CSS changes made. Am I correct in thinking this or can I safely use the child theme installed?

Hello,

The Child theme will not be changed when you update the theme and the CSS changes will not be lost.

We recommend using the Theme Options Custom CSS fileds if you want to use Custom CSS.

https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/theme-settings-panel/#custom_css

Best Regards

thedrumdoctor
    Participant

Is there a reason why you recommend using the theme UI to add custom CSS? Does that write directly to the style sheet in the child theme?

Hello,

Because in our theme UI Custom CSS options we have different Custom CSS inputs so that you can add Custom CSS for Different devices separately instead of adding media queries from them.

Best Regards

thedrumdoctor
    Participant

Ok thanks, I can see how that would work.

thedrumdoctor
    Participant

Out of interest, can you tell me what the breakpoints are please?

Hello,

You are Most Welcome.

Desktop – min-width: 1025px
    Tablet – min-width: 768px and max-width: 1024px
    Mobile wide – min-width: 577px and max-width: 767px
    Mobile – max-width: 576px

Best Regards.

thedrumdoctor
    Participant

Thanks, that’s great. That’ll really help me when I’m looking at the site with the developer tools.

Hello,

If you do not mind, can you please leave a 5 stars rating for our Theme & Customer and Technical Support by going here: http://themeforest.net/downloads It will allow us to release more updates and provide dedicated support in future. It would encourage our work a lot. If you like our Theme and Support.

Thanks for contacting us.
    Have a great day :-)

Topic Closed.
    Best Regards.

Tagged: ,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Custom CSS Best Practices’ is closed to new replies.