Home Forums WoodMart support forum Custom fonts NOT LOADED

Custom fonts NOT LOADED

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

fusion01wp
    Participant

I have built a complex home page setting the fonts clearly to use Rajdhani in 3 styles. Theme settings > typography. The client showed me a screengrab where not custom fonts had loaded. I then removed my Rajdhani from my system OS and there I had the same issue – no custom fonts loaded, some generic MS Windows crap in place of.

I’ve developed many sites in Woodmart. Never seen this as an issue. The font creating problems somehow? It’s a standard Google TrueType font.

Assistance please. This ia very embarrassing to me to offer a substandard products to my clients when using and promoting the Woodmart theme.

I really don’t see how requesting back-end access can help. There’s nothing I’ve done wrong, nothing set up incorrectly.

fusion01wp
    Participant

I have even added this as a custom font within Typography > Advanced. Assigning the custom font to “main navigation links” but still see there is no custom font loaded on the front-end: only Arial + Woodmart-font + Segoe UI are loaded. I tried a different custom Google font and it too was not loaded.

Help please. I can load them locally, but it requires a lot more work from my side, and I’d rather not have to.

fusion01wp
    Participant

I am having to rinstall custom fonts locally to see my site design as intended.

I know you guys are busy but the lack of quicker support is disgusting. I expected a response sooner to a matter so critical. Your theme is one of many. This will be taken into consideratio for further e-commerce development on my side.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sorry for the delay.

Please send me access to the admin panel so I can check the settings of the site.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

fusion01wp
    Participant

Sent in PM.

fusion01wp
    Participant

Hosting locally is preferable. Should I use the “custom font’ option and upload my .woff’s? Would this make a difference?

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Okay, I see that the font is not loading from Google itself, may I disable 3rd party plugins and enable the parent theme for testing? Also, if you have a server cache, could you please disable it?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Kind Regards

fusion01wp
    Participant

Thanks, feel free. There should be nothing offending there. It’s a basic site build. And there is NO caching. No CDN, no Litespeed – no plugins – NOTHING that could cause a caching issue.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Seems that the “Complianz | GDPR/CCPA Cookie Consent” plugin affects the font, here is a result after deactivating it – https://prnt.sc/_N1kU3xojR52

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out, I’d love to help!

Kind Regards

fusion01wp
    Participant

This cannot be right and is not the solution. I have developed many sites with Woodmart and not encountered this issue before. Qotho.co.za uses Complianz and has custom fonts loading just fine – another site developed with Woodmar.t.

qotho.co.za

I will not accept your assessment as a solution and the problem solved.

Kindly investigate further. Or escalate this to the theme developer(s).

Many thanks.

fusion01wp
    Participant

I just don’t think you guys get this. I’m a professional. I offer professional web development services. I look like a complete dick if the client sees Arial instead of a custom font. And you blamed it on a plugin Complianz when there are many, many other websites all using the same plugin without issues? Did logic not dictate this upon your (hardly thorough?) investigations?

The incompetence is astounding. I’m having to explain myself to the client again, with more apologies from my side. This is a major issue and affects all aspects of production – the entire look and feel of a website.

• This reply was modified 5 days, 21 hours ago by fusion01wp.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

In the settings of that plugin, the Google font was enabled, after deactivating it the issue is gone, you can check how it works now.

Kind Regards

fusion01wp
    Participant

Where was this setting, kindly advise on how I can find it to know better in future how to avoid conflicts. Thank you.

• This reply was modified 3 days, 5 hours ago by fusion01wp.

fusion01wp
    Participant

OK my bad. I found the setting and see why – it’s flagging it as a security risk unless hosted locally. I see you disabled all rd party services option. Thanks for the assistance.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

You are welcome! In case you need any additional help, I’d be more than happy to assist you.

Wish you all the best.

Kind Regards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Custom fonts NOT LOADED’ is closed to new replies.