Home Forums WoodMart support forum Customizing the search page without using woocommerce

Customizing the search page without using woocommerce

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

peppermintpc
    Participant

Hi there,

I want to customize the search page and as far as I can tell the template used is the shop or archive page template. Is there a way around this? I’m using the woodmart theme without a shop so I dont want to install woocommerce for this. Also, is there a way to change the text for the search message?

Thank you

Hello,

Navigate to Dashboard > WoodMart > Header Builder > there edit your current Header Layout > in that you can edit the Search element and configure the available options related to it:

Secondly, you can go to Dashboard > Theme Settings > General > Search > there you can find options related to Search.

If you want to change the text you need to install and use the Loco Translate plugin to translate the string.
    You can watch our detailed videos on how to translate string using loco translate:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3NsDdMzsls

Best Regards.

peppermintpc
    Participant

Thank you for your reply. I might have however been a bit unclear. I want edit the template of the search results page (want to remove sidebar and make it a look a little prettier) as well as edit the text on the search result page. For example the text “Nothing found. Apologies, but no results were found…” Screenshot attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Sorry there is no direct option to edit this. If you want to change the text you need to install and use the Loco Translate plugin to translate the string.
    You can watch our detailed videos on how to translate string using loco translate:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3NsDdMzsls

For the sidebar can you please share the wp login details so i will check and give you a possible solution.

Best Regards.

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)