Home Forums WoodMart support forum Error message does not show on the checkout page

Error message does not show on the checkout page

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

rockleeyu
    Participant

Hi there,

When you create an account at the checkout page and if the email address has been registered, it normally shows the error message “An account is already registered with your email address.”, but seems something has broken it after updating Woodmart to the latest version.

What I found is that the error message actually shows in the side login form but it doesn’t slide in automatically (screenshot attached).

• This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by rockleeyu.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Can you please share the WP admin login details of your site so I will check and solve the issue.

Best Regards.

rockleeyu
    Participant

Hi Aizaz,
    I have given the login info of our UAT environment in the private content, feel free to deactivate plugins or do any changes.

rockleeyu
    Participant

Hi Aizaz,

I have found that the error message can show properly after disabling the WooCommerce Payments. But you know that is not a plugin we can disable 🤣🤣🤣 (no payments, no money).

Attachments:

rockleeyu
    Participant

Update:
    The problem must be because there are some conflicts between the Woodmart theme and WooCommerce Payments. When I select “Credit Card / Debit Card” (provided by WooCommerce Payments), the error message would not show at all, but if I use the payment option “Afterpay” the error message works like a charm.

Screenshot attached.

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Do you mean that when the plugin is enabled the warning is shown in the account sidebar? If so, could you please send us a test email so we can also check it and see how it works?

Kind Regards

rockleeyu
    Participant

Hi Artem,

Yes, that’s what I meant.

I already gave the test credential in my previous comment, but just send it again. Please find the test credential in the private content.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, send us an email, not the username only.

Kind Regards

rockleeyu
    Participant

Do you mean to give an email address that you can use for testing the scenario where an email address has been registered to see if the error message shows correctly? If so, there is already an email address in the screenshot of my previous comment, which is woodmarttest@xtemos.com.

BTW, the login I gave you is an admin account, so technically speaking you can do anything you need in order to test the case.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We just tried to create an account on the checkout page using this email and were able to see the error correctly. Here is a screenshot https://gyazo.com/73189f0ccce922b017fce7db47579c91

rockleeyu
    Participant

Hi there, thanks for your testing.

Did you select “Credit card/debit card” as the payment method? I just tested it again and still cannot see the error message. I have recorded a video to show you the issue I am having, please check the link below.

https://www.loom.com/share/e200f6f691e44116bfa5e597419e5cf8

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to add the following code snippet to the Custom JS area on the document ready in Theme Settings to fix this issue.

if(jQuery('body').hasClass('woocommerce-checkout')) {
        jQuery('.login-form-side .woocommerce-notices-wrapper').remove();
    }

rockleeyu
    Participant

Thanks, it works.

Hopefully, this issue can be fixed in the next patch.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We will review this plugin compatibility in our next theme update.

Kind Regards

rockleeyu
    Participant

This ticket can be closed now. Thank you!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are always welcome!

Kind Regards

Tagged: 

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Error message does not show on the checkout page’ is closed to new replies.