Home Forums Basel support forum ERROR: The username or password you entered is incorrect. Lost your password?

ERROR: The username or password you entered is incorrect. Lost your password?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ss24
    Participant

Hello,

please advise how is it possible to translate this warning text “ERROR: The username or password you entered is incorrect. Lost your password?”. It appears when the buyer tries to login and makes mistake(s) while filling the fields. I have attached the printscreen.

I was looking for translation possibility with Loco Translate in WooCommerce plugin and also in Basel theme, but there is impossible to find this text or even separate parts of it.

I checked that this full text is set in li of ulclass=woocommerce-error but unfortunatelly I can’t find it with Loco Translate, therefore I can’t translate it.

Please, help.

Thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please disable all plugins that are not related to our theme and provide us your admin access so we can check it?

Thank you in advance

ss24
    Participant

Hello,

OK, I did it. See login details in Private Content.

Let me know.

Thank you!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

ss24
    Participant

Hello,

thanks for taking a look!
    Yes, it was translated because I have disabled all plugins not connected with Basel theme and one of them has been the Wordfence Security plugin.
    When I enable it, the translation is denied and the English text is being shown again “ERROR: The username or password you entered is incorrect. Lost your password?”.
    You see, Wordfence Security strongly recommends to enable the option “Don’t let WordPress reveal valid users in login errors” while setting this plugin. If I switch off this option, then everything is shown in my language. But that’s not secure, so I would like to keep it on.

I found out on Wordfence Security support forum that this plugin’s developers are working on translation. But, according to them, it’s impossible to translate that text at the moment (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cant-translate-error-the-username-or-password-you-entered-is-incorrect/).

But maybe the great minds of Xtemos will have some idea how it would be possible to display translation of that text instead of the English? Some temporary solution could work fine until Wordfence will be translated or translatable. Any CSS trick or something else?

Let me know.

Best regards!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but we can’t do anything if the problem is in the plugin’s code. You need to contact plugin’s devs for help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)