Home Forums WoodMart support forum Filters

Filters

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

wargery94
    Participant

Hello XTemos team,

I am writing to bring to your attention an issue I have encountered regarding the functionality of product filters on our website.

When accessing the main Shop page, I have observed that the product filters are performing as expected (as depicted in Image 1). However, a problem arises when I create subcategory pages and attempt to implement product filters on these pages. On these subcategory pages, the filters appear to be limited in their functionality, and upon selecting a filter option, I am redirected back to the main shop page (as depicted in Image 1).

I’d appreciate your guidance on how to address this issue. Thanks in advance.

• This topic was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by wargery94.
    • This topic was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by wargery94.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

wargery94
    Participant

Correction: I really meant to say (as depicted in Image 2) instead of (as depicted in Image 1) in last sentence.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi wargery94,

Thanks for reaching to us.

I kindly request you to conduct a check by activating the default WordPress Theme, such as Storefront or Twenty Twenty-Three (Appearance > Themes) and keep WoodMart Core and WooCommerce plugins activated.

If the problem persists even with the default WordPress theme, it would suggest that WoodMart theme is not the cause of the issues.

Regards

wargery94
    Participant

I have tried and activated Twenty Twenty-Three theme but i cant even see the filters section ?
    I would be glad if you help about this matter.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi wargevy94,

Please provide me with temporary wp-admin access to Private Content area. I will take a look.

Also, would you mind if I deactivate extra plugins for testing? Please confirm me back.

Regards,

wargery94
    Participant

Hi,

It is not a problem to disable plugins. I uploaded the information to private content area.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi wargery94,

1. I don’t see any problems with the filters on the site, let me try to explain better.

Take this store page (https://prnt.sc/Rgj1uyZ33yQC) for example. It has products with different prices – so you can filter them and, accordingly, price filters are present (https://prnt.sc/IXBmACZ9Y3I1). This page also contains products with the attributes “apple” and “samsung” – accordingly, you can filter these products separately for each of them (https://prnt.sc/A5FRjnE2mO9H).

On the contrary, let’s take the page of the “Samsung” category as an example. (https://prnt.sc/NYBxcm4mkch1). This category has only one product with one price. Accordingly, there is no reason to filter the price and price filters are not displayed. Also, there are no products with the “apple” attribute in the “samsung” category – accordingly, the widget shows only one possible choice – “samsung”.

This is how filters work in WooCommerce and WoodMart theme does not affect the principle of their operation, it only adds new widgets with its own design or new widget areas where widgets can be placed, but the principle of making the filters themselves remains the same. For example, in the default theme, the price sorting widget placed in the sidebar will also disappear if only one product with one price remains on the page.

First of all, the problem is that the attribute in the sidebar coincides with the product categories and there are too few products in each category. The more products there will be in categories in the future, the more differences between them there will be and the more options for filtering will be available.

2. You need to install one of these plugins:

Dokan
    WCFM Marketplace
    YITH Multi Vendor
    MultiVendorX
    WC Vendors

Then contact the support of the plugin to get the steps to configure.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Regards,

wargery94
    Participant

Hi Hung Pham,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to answer my question.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi wargery94,

Thank you for your kind words. Keep us in mind for future questions and concerns, we’re always here to help!

Regards,

Tagged: ,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)