Home Forums WoodMart support forum Filters Form – Stock Status

Filters Form – Stock Status

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Jelly IT
    Participant

I want the user to be able to filter products according to “Stock Status”. Your documentation says I can achieve this by creating a filter which uses attributes: https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/faq-guides/create-filters-form/

Since I cannot use the _stock_status Meta Key in my filter. This means that I would need to create a “Stock Status” attribute and set its value on my products.

I created the “Stock Status” attribute and set those attributes on some products. After creating the html block and setting it to my site. It does not show? I can get price filter and all the others to show but not my “Stock Status” attribute filter.

Why is this? Please see screenshots attached which will prove what I have done.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Please provide the site admin access to the private area I will check the settings of the filter and attribute.

Best Regards

Jelly IT
    Participant

Not to worry. I came right. I had set the values before I had created the attributes. One more thing,

How can I set what the default value of a filter should be?

For example: My Stock Status filter should have only “In Stock” value selected as default every time.

Hello,

There is no option to set the default value of the attribute, unfortunately.

Best Regards

Jelly IT
    Participant

That is a pity. I enabled my filter to use swatch but its still not showing as swatch? Is that because my products are simple products and not variable produts?

I have ticked the option “Enable swatch” on both of the sub terms “In Stock” and “Out of stock”.

I have also gone to theme settings – shop – attribute swatches and I have enabled “Use images from product variations” as well as selected my “stock status” attribute from the drop down entitled “Grid swatch attribute to display”.

Are there any other settings I needed to enable to see swatches instead of drop down?

Hello,

Yes, swatches are available for variable products, the attributes should be global. More instructions: https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/variable-products-swatches/

Best Regards

Alaxo
    Participant

Hello, I also creadet a filter form. We sell shoes and want to give the customer the option to filter by size. When you filter for “43” and “in stock” for example, the result is also shoes that are not availble in 43 or where 43 is not in stock.
    https://meandmyclogs.com/shop
    What have we set wrong?

Thank you!
    Regards Alex

Hello,

Please provide a couple of product URLs to test and see the problem. Please insert the site admin access into the Private content below the message area and confirm the permission for plugin deactivation, switching to the parent theme. As soon as we complete the testing we will enable all back, however, the site would be without plugins for 15-20 min. You would better make the full backup of your site.

Best Regards

Alaxo
    Participant

Hello,

When you filter size only, the result would show all the product that has this size. When you filter by “in stock” and “size 43”, the results would show both: all in stock and with size 43.

This is the way how it works.

Best Regards

Alaxo
    Participant

But it doesn’t. That why I’m writing you for help.
    when I for example filter for „in stock“ and „43“ the first shoe has the size 43 not in stock but why is it in the list then? That is the problem the filter just showed all shoes not just the ones where the size and stock status is as filtered… can you help? Thank you!

Hello,

Unfortunately, the stock widget cannot sort out the variations.

In order to hide our stock products, you can enable the option in the Woocommerce settings: https://prnt.sc/zJ1x8g8GRhm6

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Alaxo
    Participant

Thank you ! That worked!

You are welcome! We are here to help.

Wish you a wonderful day!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Filters Form – Stock Status’ is closed to new replies.