Home Forums WoodMart support forum Fresh Installation but Strange Behavior

Fresh Installation but Strange Behavior

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

leojipeiro
    Participant

I’m running Woodmart Back Friday on a fresh WP and Woo installation as I could work on it making sure everything would be perfect to work on was supposed to be my new production platform.

All installations since WP and all necessary plugins were done smoothly as well and Woodmart, child theme and Black Friday demo template.

First thing I’ve noticed after all installation process was Home page a little “crashed” compared to the same live demo you have online. Specially on Menus. Initially I thought after some work of my own it should be fine.

So, I did a lot of work on that so far but nothing changed about that. Today I have checked you live demo again to compare and I’m sure there’s something wrong about.

When I tried to edit a Blog Post, all editions are saved correctly but when you check it’s View only image are updated and original content is still there. Also, template is pretty weird….

Tried also with different browsers and same issues.
    Woo status page shows everything ok with setup.

It looks to me database is corrupted somehow but I definitely need some help on that.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi leojipeiro,

Thanks for reaching to us.

To assist you in the best possible manner, I kindly ask that you please provide me temporary wp-admin info (wp-admin URL, username, password) to the Private Content area, this will allow me to thoroughly investigate and address your concerns more efficiently.

Regards,

leojipeiro
    Participant

Hi Hung,

I’ve created you an admin user for this task. Details on Privite content.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi leojipeiro,

First of all, take my apologies for the delay in answering because of the weekend.

Admin credential is incorrect, please check again https://prnt.sc/5Qe3Q4danFpg

Regards,

leojipeiro
    Participant

Hi Hung,

Could you please try again, same user and password.

It seems I’ve found another issue. When I created your login, I’ve got a 500 Error but it seemed that was Ok anyway but it wasn’t. Anytime you tried to save your user, we get a 500 Error. Probably it’s all about everything that’s happened on my board.

Anyway, I have tested your user and now it seems to work fine.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi leojipeiro,

Thanks for your patience.

1. Duplicate menu items

Go can go to Appearance > Menus, select menu and remove duplicate ones.

Or it is recommended to run import on a fresh WordPress installation. For this you can use WordPress Database Reset plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-database-reset/ The plugin can be used to remove all the existing content and install a new version from scratch.

Then, I kindly request you to read and adhere to the steps outlined in our theme documentation, which can be found at the following link: https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/installation-process/

2. Blog post

You can enable some specific builder for the Blog posts, e.g in Elementor > Settings > General, enable the Post post type and you will be able to use Elemento to build the content of the post. https://prnt.sc/U5j8WBH120Nd

Regards,

leojipeiro
    Participant

Hi Hung,

Thanks for your tips. Regarding Posts edition, now it’s clear, in fact as I can see everything should be enabled to be edited on Elements otherwise it’ll face same behavior.

Regarding Main Page, I’m still have some questions.
    There are no duplicated menus, as a matter of fact, the only thing I did on that was edit and existing one just to see how it works, I mean, I didn’t create any extra menu and checking on that, all menus on the list seems to be uniques and there are no duplications on that.

I’m saying that because on my screen at 100% zoom I can see all menus on the top cracked (see attached)

But if I set zoom to 150% view looked properly adjusted and nothing appeared to have any duplications. I mean, if I have duplications, even zooming in would show such duplications.

Just to make sure, this platform was installed from Zero, fresh WP, WOO and after that Woodmart theme. All installations worked without any error messages. I decided to install Back Friday pre-model as my idea was only to change its content and not customize its design.

I mean, so far I only work on content and didn’t change its structure design, like menus I mentioned before.
    So, it’s strange to me considering to reset all data bases at this point, first because we are not 100% sure about and second I would lost almost 2 weeks job editing its contents. If I reset all data base, loose everything and after that problem remains the same, you can imagine how upset I would be, huh?

Is there any way to check database integrity before considering a full reset ?

I choose Woodmart not only because functionalities and design but mostly because all demos I’ve checked, comments about your company support and overall reputation. But now I have my doubts
    I mean, after all fresh installations, my board should look as your demo and it was not and it’s taking a lot of time and we are far to be there.

I know you are probably in Asia and I’m in America so time zone it’s probably 10-12 hours difference and this is affecting both of us as well.

Sorry for a long text but it’s getting frustrating at this point.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi leojipeiro,

At first, I see you left a 1-star rating https://themeforest.net/ratings/3570946. I am very sorry that you faced any problems working with our theme. But, I the reason you gave was not true.

The duplicate menu items happen when tried to import demo few times without reset database. So, I provided you 2 ways to handle it: Delete duplicate ones or Reset database and re-import demo.

You can’t see the problems when zooming due to it will uses Mobile menu depends on windows size.

I kindly request that you adjust the rating.

Regards,

leojipeiro
    Participant

I know you might be upset about my review and understand that but if you take my position for one moment you’ll understand mine it as well. Just to make sure, this is not personal, OK?
    Currently as I said on my review, I am disappoint and frustrated. If that changed in the future, I will update my review. Let’s start over, OK? No regrets from my side and I won’t consider that I’ll probably have to do all work done so far.
    Let’s focus on the problems and solutions:
    – I tried to clean up menus, it got better but I’m sure same duplicate entries are affecting other instances on the theme.

– Despite I’m going to lose all the work done so far, I believe my only choice will be reset. I don’t want to reset everything was perfect before Woodmart installation. Could you please inform the right procedure for that? What exactly should I reset using WP Reset and what would be the right installation process after that?

– As I mentioned on my review, platform is deadly slow after Woodmart and it was perfect before. Considering, eventual duplications would affect that, let’s have this addressed after step before to see how it works.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi leojipeiro,

I see the menu looks better than before. Regarding other duplicate entries, I kindly ask that you please provide me screenshots that illustrate the problem to the Private Content area, this will allow me to thoroughly investigate and address your concerns more efficiently.

Regards,

leojipeiro
    Participant

Hi Hung,

I believe it’s going to be better and faster if we just reset everything related to the theme and start over like you mentioned before. I’ve just need some full instructions to avoid deleting anything besides theme and installing Woodmart again just as fresh.

Even if we wanted to investing everything, it may keep some trash that will only appear in the future somehow.

I mean, if installation process duplicated menus, it’s probably also affected other areas and investigate all of them and fix would take a lot of time than redesign a fresh theme installation and we can make sure this time would be perfect.

Speed test is ranking the page at 4 (F Grade) and I believe such duplications (somewhere would take time to insvetigate) is interfering on that.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi leojipeiro,

Would you mind if I erase all content and re-import? Please confirm me back.

I also highly recommend you to take a complete backup of your site before proceeding.

Regards,

leojipeiro
    Participant

Hi Hung,

Go ahead with it. Thanks

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi leojipeiro,

Thanks for your confirmation.

I faced this issue when was trying to import demo content https://prnt.sc/k2_6nBqFCj1H You need to contact your hosting provider and ask to increase the timeout limit in order to fix the import function.

Regards,

leojipeiro
    Participant

Host provider has increased upload time and it goes through. During this process I had to install the theme to make sure their new setup was Ok. All the menus were duplicated again so I’ve delete all duplications.
    So far, everthing looks OK and server load was reduced, not fantastic but it needs a fine tune from my side for sure.

Only one question? Categories menu in all pages only opens whith mouse over but on main page it’s open all the time. How to make it open with mouse over on main page as well as other pages ?

Tried to search all around and couldn’t find that.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We are glad you sorted it out. Let me know if you have any other questions about our theme.

As for the categories menu, it is always opened on the home page due to the option Open categories menu that you can find while editing the home page in Dashboard -> Pages. Here is a screenshot https://gyazo.com/9dc044980833709c79a158f61f2f57f9

Kind Regards

leojipeiro
    Participant

Thank you. It seems that all is running OK.

If I had any issues I create a new topic.

Development Suggestion: You guys should think about something to prevent such dulications. I mean, If theme installation have failed like happened in may case, Database and everything should be deleted before trying to install it again.

I can’t confirm exactly, but there were other duplications somewhere besides the menus that were affecting platform behavior.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We are glad that you sorted it out. Of course, we will take this into account and investigate this issue further.

Would you mind changing your review if your issue is solved? It is very important to us and we would be very grateful. You can do this in your account here https://themeforest.net/downloads

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)