Home Forums WoodMart support forum header builder multi-language use

header builder multi-language use

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Alemantico
    Participant

Dear Support,

since you’re advertising your template for multi-language usage, today I tried to re-configure the link of the button (as at the screenshot) for the english language. I mean, I’m pointing to an external partner site, which also provides the same 2 languages en and de (screenshot). I configure the site with the official wpml extension. How can I manage, that at the en version, the gallery button (screenshot) points to the en version of the external site, and the de version points to the de version of the external site? I’d also love to have the header text in 2 different languages (screenshot). Would be great you could advice me how to manage it!

best regards!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We suggest you to create two versions of the header for different languages. Then, go to WPML -> String Translations -> Admin texts and find there an option for the default header ID. You just need to translate this field for both languages and set separate headers.

Regards

Alemantico
    Participant

Dear Support,

I’m sorry about my latereply to this ticket. Some work came between it! Today, I finally decided to get my hands on that multilanguage header. Anyway, I did as you adviced, and I’m kind of lost about the last point of translating the string. Could you please provide me a more detailled work through? I added some screenshots about the current situation.

best regards!

Attachments:

Hello,

You will need to have different headers for each language.

In order to have headers in different languages, follow the steps below:

1. Create a separate header in the language you need.
    2. Take your default Header ID http://prntscr.com/lwox9s
    3. Navigate to WPML Strings Translation and insert into the search http://prntscr.com/lwoyco
    4. Press “translation” to open fields and insert header ID which you created for each language accordingly http://prntscr.com/lwozhh

Best Regards

Alemantico
    Participant

Hi Elise,
    thanx for your reply! But it seemed, that you just copy pasted a quick text into this tiocket without even reading my response? Can you pls also check the screenshots I provided to you? Since I sent you a screenshot about the created header for each language, I wonder, that you ask me to to have different headers for each language.This is very confusing! Anyway, I followerd your steps, but it did not change anything! (screenshot)

best regards!

Attachments:

Hello,

I have provided step by step detailed instruction. Please provide your site admin access. Specify which header your have created for the German language? Have you translated all the menu items? Have you synchronized menu?

Best Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)