Home Forums WoodMart support forum Hide empty categories in header

Hide empty categories in header

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

makentosius
    Participant

Hello,

I am writing you because I try to hide empty categories in the header when browsing a category.

I also don’t understand why some plural translations is not working.

I showed the problems in the attached file. You can also find it on my website link.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
    Mantas

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

In this situation are you able to provide us your FTP and WordPress admin access so we could troubleshoot it and provide you with a solution?

Regards

makentosius
    Participant

Hello, thank you for the response

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Translation for “Other” is missed in Loco translate http://prntscr.com/ko4dic

To hide empty categories, you need to edit the file woodmart/inc/woocommerce.php as shown on the screenshot http://prntscr.com/ko4flp

Regards

makentosius
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you, the translation solved the problem. Before it used to be the “%s product” translation, and with the last update it stopped working because you switched to the other one I guess. So this is solved now.

Thank you with the offer to hide empty categories in the header, but I don’t really agree with the solution. I refuse to modify the core code, because with the every update I would lose the custom change. Is there a way to put the custom edit in the child template’s functions.php file?

Best regards,
    Mantas

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sure, you can copy the whole function woodmart_product_categories_nav() to the child theme functions.php file and do your modification there.

Regards

makentosius
    Participant

Thank you, it solved the problem.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Great, you are welcome.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)