Home Forums WoodMart support forum High CPU usage

High CPU usage

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

sjanes
    Participant

Hi I am trying to get to the bottom of the cause of High CPU usage on my website. It keeps shooting up to 100% without any obvious reason. I have deactivated all plugins except Paid for shipping plugin from Woocommerce.com, the current Paypal payment gateway to troubleshoot and the plugins shipped with the theme but this has not fixed the problem. My hosting support team have looked into it for me and have come back with the follwing information …

“The site is using a lot of CPU, it looks like there’s a lot of access requests to woodmart-core which is a plugin, I’m afraid this is as much information as I can provide, I’ve looked for an attack, there is no evidence of a DDoS or a similar attack taking place.”

756845 toolsco+ 20 0 301056 50880 4976 R 19.2 0.0 0:01.34 lsphp:/toolscogandm/public_html/gmrefresh/index.php
    746242 toolsco+ 20 0 626648 371768 5076 R 15.4 0.3 0:20.21 lsphp:/toolscogandm/public_html/gmrefresh/index.php
    756994 toolsco+ 20 0 353148 100092 4896 S 15.4 0.1 0:01.14 lsphp:public_html/gmrefresh/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php
    757080 toolsco+ 20 0 347144 94752 4780 R 11.5 0.1 0:01.04 lsphp:/home/toolscogandm/public_html/index.php
    756680 toolsco+ 20 0 349192 95776 4864 S 7.7 0.1 0:01.32 lsphp:/home/toolscogandm/public_html/index.php
    756992 toolsco+ 20 0 347148 94984 4836 R 7.7 0.1 0:01.12 lsphp:/home/toolscogandm/public_html/index.php
    756619 toolsco+ 20 0 363528 109800 4832 R 3.8 0.1 0:01.27 lsphp:/home/toolscogandm/public_html/index.php

Please can you investigate for me?

Many thanks, Steph

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please clarify what requests to the WoodMart core do you mean? Provide us more information about this so we can better understand the problem. The log you sent doesn’t have any information related to the plugin.

Kind Regards

sjanes
    Participant

Please can you recommend how to go about finding out the details you require?

Thanks, Steph

sjanes
    Participant

Indications are that the theme is extremely resource-heavy. Looking at the Resource Usage option in cPanel and then select the Snapshots option, I can see which php processes were running at the time that faults occurred. In this instance it seems as though a handful of visits to the site can cause CPU usage to be exceeded. Unfortunately the resource usage option will not display the internal processes that are running inside WordPress itself to enable further insight as to which processes and requests are executed within WordPress

sjanes
    Participant

Hi again,

Please, I am not a developer so I’m afraid so i need your advice on this problem. If you need me to supply specific logs etc please advise. is it possible for you to you log in to my site and identify what the problem is? I just renewed the support on your theme to get help resolving this.

Many thanks, Steph

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

If the PHP process takes a lot of resources on your server it doesn’t mean that the problem is caused by the theme. Probably, you have some problems with your website in general. It might be caused by a broken database, plugins conflicts, problems with server configuration, etc. Sorry, but we don’t have instruction about how to find the reason of the problem.
    If you want, we can refund your money for the extended support since it is out of our theme support scope.

Kind Regards

sjanes
    Participant

Hello Artem,

The site is a new WordPress installation, your theme was purchased on 9th September last year (a copy of the licence information is attached) but was only launched in March due to the Covid Lockdown and because the staff at the company the site is for were furloughed. As a result the support contract with your company expired before the site was fully Launched and I have had to buy an extention to the support period because of the problems with excess CPU usage.

The problem goes way if I switch to the default Woocommerce plugin so it does appear that the fault lies either with the WoodMart Theme or associated plugins. Under the circumstances it seems reasonable to expect at least some sort of trouble shooting advice. I also note that on other posts to this forum you have provided support to other customers who have experienced the same problem.

Please can we work together to get to the bottom of the fault?

Thanks, Steph

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

How exactly can we test this problem on your website to see the difference with and without our theme activated?

sjanes
    Participant

Your theme is currently enabled. I was just explaining in my earlier post that when I try another Woocommerce theme the high CPU usage stops.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

How can we see your CPU usage so we can switch between themes and compare how it works?

sjanes
    Participant

Hello Artem,

Sorry to be slow to come back, I have been removing plugins and compressing images to see whether this improves the problems with CPU usage and server 500 errors but no luck.At the moment the moment gateway is also disabled for testing

I have provided you with login details for the website and access to the hosting control panel via the private panel below.

Many thanks, Steph

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We have tested your website and see that it is slow even with default WordPress theme https://prnt.sc/12siwxk
    So this problem is caused either by your hosting server or by some of the installed plugins.

Kind Regards

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)