Home Forums Basel support forum High CPU usage after updating the theme

High CPU usage after updating the theme

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

rafsan0606
    Participant

Hi,
    Its a great theme so far and we’ve been using it on our woocommerce site for a long time now. However, recently we’ve updated the theme to its latest version (5.7.2). We’ve also updated all the associated plugins.
    So, after the update the site become super slow and customers aren’t being able to navigate the site properly because its takes too much time to load a single page. Especially the shop and single product pages. I’ve tried to find out the issue and did all kinds of troubleshooting. And I finally found out that the speed issue was related to high CPU usage and it only occurs when the theme and woocommerce is activated at the same time.
    For example, consider these two scenarios:
    1. Woocommerce is active and the theme has been deactivated: CPU usage comes down to normal.
    2. Theme is active and the Woocommerce plugin is deactivated: CPU usage comes down to normal and pages load in proper time.

Its only when the theme Basel theme and Woocommerce plugin is activated, the site become really slow and the CPU usage spikes to 90-100%.

Please let me know how we can resolve the issues and make the site usable again. We’re also running a discount campaign currently and it very important that the customers are having a smooth buying experience. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

• This topic was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by rafsan0606.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you so much for purchasing our theme and contacting our support center.

If you think that it is caused by the update, could you please roll back a backup with a previous version of the theme you had on your website? Test the CPU usage and see if there is a difference. Note that CPU usage might be high when you have an increase amount of users online. Try to enable the maintenance mode while testing this.

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

rafsan0606
    Participant

Hi,
    Thanks for the prompt reply.
    Actually we’re having some complications with the backups and can’t revert to a previous one at this moment.
    Is there any other way to check what is really causing the high CPU spike?
    I can also try installing a previous version of the theme and see if that fixes anything. In that case how can I download a previous version of this theme?

Thanks.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

In this case, please, disable all plugins that are not related to our theme and send us access to your server where we can monitor the CPU load in real time. We will switch between themes on your website and compare the differences.

Kind Regards

rafsan0606
    Participant

Hi,

That would be very difficult to do actually as it a production site with lots of visitors. I can only disable everything for a small window of time but that’s not gonna be ideal for you guys to test the site properly. If you still need the cpanel info, I’m attaching the credentials here.

However, is there any way we can pin point which process/task is taking of the most cpu power while keeping the site running?

Thanks.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

In this case, you need to create a staging development copy of your website. There, you will be able to do such kind of experiments without any harm to your production website.

Kind Regards

rafsan0606
    Participant

Okay, thanks for the suggestion. I’ll check if I can create a staging environment for the site. You can close this topic if needed. I’ll reach out again if there is any development regarding this matter.

Thanks.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We will keep this topic so you can reply here if you want to continue with the issue.

Kind Regards

support-5912
    Participant

Good morning
    I have the same problem, basel+woocommerce consumes a lot of resources
    processor often at 100%, despite having assigned 2 CPUs to the hosting server, and RAM consumption peaking at 4 GB, despite having assigned 1 GB to the server (an enormity!). this causes a strong slowdown of the site,
    I have a staging development copy to try, if you want to solve the problem

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello @support-5912

Please, create a new topic and describe your issues with all the necessary details including screenshots, videos, your website access.

Thank you

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘High CPU usage after updating the theme’ is closed to new replies.