Home Forums WoodMart support forum How do I add a filter by AJAX category?

How do I add a filter by AJAX category?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

natadoshojan
    Participant

Hello team.

I will turn to you again with a question. I can’t figure out how to display the AJAX-enabled product filter widget by category. I want to do it the way it is presented in one of your demos and I see that on the demo page the widget design differs from the standard Woocomerce category widget. Also, the standard Woocomerce category filtering widget does not support AJAX, but refreshes the entire page when switching.

For example, the price filter works as it should, but I can’t do it with categories either.
    I want to do the same as on this demo page:

https://woodmart.xtemos.com/product-category/furniture/?demo=

I looked through the documentation, I just can’t find about this moment.

Below I attach a link to what the store page looks like at the moment.

Hello,

As soon as you add WoodMart filters you will see the option to set the category where this filter should appear: https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/widgets/

This option is provided only in WoodMart attribute filter widgets.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

natadoshojan
    Participant

I asked about this at all. I don’t understand how I can add a filter by category at all. That is, I need to add filtering of products by category on the store page with AJAX loading. The standard Woocomerce widget doesn’t work like that. In the demo at the link I gave, I see that a non-standard Woocomerce widget is used for categories. And I can’t find how I can connect the same widget for filtering by categories.

natadoshojan
    Participant

I’m talking about how this is done in this demo:

https://woodmart.xtemos.com/shop/

Which is called AJAX Store

And I want to make the same filtering widgets for myself, including a filtering widget for product categories with AJAX. But the standard Woocomerce filter by category widget doesn’t work and doesn’t look the same.

Sorry, maybe I am not very clear about it, because English is not my native language

Hello,

Please install the free Classic Widgets plugin.

You will easily find all WoodMart widgets. Add WOODMART WooCommerce Layered Nav then open the option, you will find the option to choose the category where this filter would appear, then add one more WOODMART WooCommerce Layered Nav and configure for another category.

You need to enable AJAX shop in the Theme Settings > Product Archives.

Best Regards

natadoshojan
    Participant

No, the WOODMART WooCommerce Layered Nav filter widget displays filtering by attributes. I want to filter by product categories that are derived from the ‘categories’ taxonomy, not the ‘attributes’ taxonomy. Let’s say I have a site with personal computers, laptops and smartphones, I create categories ‘personal computer’, ‘laptop’ and ‘smartphone’. These are the categories I need to display with the filtering widget so that the user at the front can choose from the necessary categories and filter by them.

I currently have a basic category filtering widget from Woocomerce, but it does not support AJAX and is visually not very good, not like the Woodmart category filter with AJAX

I understand how to use WOODMART WooCommerce Layered Nav, but it displays filtering by attributes, but I need it by product categories. Or do I need to re-create all categories as attributes, set all products in the database with a new category value as an attribute, and then display product categories via WOODMART WooCommerce Layered Nav?

I am attaching a screenshot with the widget on the demo that I need

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Please deactivate all the plugins except these ones:

Slider Revolution
    WPBakery Page Builder or Elementor
    Woodmart Core
    Contact Form 7
    MailChimp for WordPress
    WooCommerce
    Safe SVG

If the problem has gone, activate the plugins one by one, checking the issue to detect which one causes the problem.

In case, the problem remains, even after all the plugins are deactivated, provide your site admin access (insert the site credentials into the Private content block under the message area) and confirm the permission for plugins deactivation, switching to the parent or default theme. As soon as we complete the testing we will enable all back, however, the site would be without plugins for 15-20 min. You would better make the full backup of your site.

Best Regards

natadoshojan
    Participant

No, I have no problem. I just don’t understand how I should use this feature. So I tried to clarify with you how to do this. But now I already realized that for this I need to re-create all categories in the attributes, and then use WOODMART WooCommerce Layered Nav. A bit strange solution, why you can’t use the basic Woocomerce taxonomy and work with the category taxonomy. This is very inconvenient for already running sites, because have to do all the work again

Ok, the question closed

Hello,

Please, provide your site admin access (insert the site credentials into the Private content block under the message area).

Best Regards

natadoshojan
    Participant

No thanks, I’ve already figured it out. I realized that WOODMART WooCommerce Layered Nav infers categories from an attribute taxonomy, not a category taxonomy. I realized that for ajax filtering, you need to redo the content and add categories to the attributes

The question can be closed

Best Regards

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘How do I add a filter by AJAX category?’ is closed to new replies.