Home Forums WoodMart support forum How to set the created layout as a homepage?

How to set the created layout as a homepage?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

mrtnz
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve created a shop page layout via Layouts > Add New, but I can’t find how to set it as a homepage? The layout doesn’t appear on ‘Pages’ so I can’t select it as my homepage via Settings > Reading

Hello,

You can set any page as the Home page in the Dashboard > Settings > Reading.

Please note: the shop page is the functional page, and it would better exist independently. Woocommerce widgets would not work on the shop page as soon as you will set it as the home page.

Best Regards

mrtnz
    Participant

Unfortunately, I can’t find the layout page I created in the Dashboard > Settings > Reading. Sending you screenshots. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for the information about setting up the shop page as a home page, I didn’t know that. So in general you won’t recommend to do this?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

You are searching in the wrong place: https://gyazo.com/fcb2cfd578827fc1d6be8c9bb405fcd8

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

mrtnz
    Participant

I’m searching EXACTLY there! Please take a look at the video. My created template is called ‘Product Archive Layout’ and there are no such page to select via Dashboard > Settings > Reading!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

I am sorry, you cannot insert the layout as the home page. You need to select the shop page or other page to which this layout is applied.

Best Regards

mrtnz
    Participant

But I have no idea how to do that. I have a template created and I want it to be my homepage, could you please tell me step by step HOW TO DO THAT?

Hello,

Please check this manual: https://elementor.com/help/template-library/

This manual contains detailed instructions with the video tutorial.

Best Regards

Tagged: ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)