Home Forums WoodMart support forum I installed a nulled version of Woodmart before purshasing the legal version

I installed a nulled version of Woodmart before purshasing the legal version

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

hmrabih
    Participant

Hello,
    I wanted to try the woodmart theme, so i installed a nulled version. After i liked the theme, i purshased it. Now after reading some troubles that can be caused by the nulled theme, I’m afraid if it will still some bad injections after i deleted the old version. My website is an online store and I’m worried about customers! What should i do to make things clean and safe?
    Thank you so much for your efforts and support.

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and for contacting us.

I hope you have the backup of the initial site. If you have, restore the site. I would suggest you to create a clean WordPress installation on a testing platform, install the theme, upload the demo, configure your site, remove the demo content you do not need and import your content from the initial site, then when everything is ready you would be able to migrate the site from testing to live domain and it would not influence your live site.

Best Regards

y.demir
    Participant

Same Issue here…. but it was not my fault – the designer i paid a bunch of money just used a child or nulled theme, and then i purchased the theme and typed the code for license in the theme setting..

Do i have you take further steps or is everything fixed by now with the updates?
    In case of problems… what should i do?

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

In this case, please make a copy of the website and move it to the staging platform:

https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-create-staging-environment-for-a-wordpress-site/

Then try to update the theme manually: https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/update-the-theme/

Kind Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)