Home Forums WoodMart support forum Image at Categories for the Google optimazation

Image at Categories for the Google optimazation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

stylistaeshop
    Participant

Hello, may someone help me, I can’t find where or how I can insert an image that will be used for each category, as an image category, that will appear in the Google search results.
    I see options of an image for the “Image for the category page title “, “Image for categories navigation ” and “Image for header menu ” etc. but nowhere for the category itself fro SEO purposes.
    Where and how can I insert the “featured image” of the category?

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi stylistaeshop,

Thanks for reaching to us.

You may need to use Yoast seo. Then you will be able to upload image for seo.

Please note that it is not related to theme custom fields.

Regards,

stylistaeshop
    Participant

But I use Yoast SEO but still there is no place for featured image.
    Is it possible for a page not to have a place for a FEATURED image ???! Like any other post or page in WordPress it should have a place for the image
    I have never seen this before in any theme.
    this is basic

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi stylistaeshop,

Please read the answer from Yoast SEO plugin about products category thumbnail, it will makes clear.
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/product-category-search-appearance/#post-16672293

Regards,

stylistaeshop
    Participant

I know all about seo and DA authority. The problem is that the theme does not have a prime feature image for the categories as all themes in the market. So thr user to choose which one is the image he wants to appear in search results and most of the times this image SHOULD NOT BE JUST ONE IMAGE PRODUCT, but a advertisement image!
    That means that even if I do an excellent seo in a category page, still, I will not hve the power , of the basic fact , to show my categoryin google search results the way I WANT ! Because of the theme

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi stylistaeshop,

There is no option in WooCommerce for this by default and our theme too. We will consider this as a feature request.

Regards,

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)