Home Forums WoodMart support forum Implementing Tracking Codes – not working

Implementing Tracking Codes – not working

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

RallyRookie
    Participant

Hello

we want to implement a consent manager as well as Google Tag Manager code snippets.

As we cannot find a .html file, we have tried it in the header.php. We have created a .js file for this which is then referenced in the header.php. However it does not work and we think something is blocking this?

We then tried it via a plugin, also did not work. We prefer to put the snippet in the files itself and not use plugins.
    For more info see private content.
    We have also tried it in the WordPress userinterface with using custom JS, also did not work.

We have checked your documentation and we cannot find anything where to place tracking snippets in your template. Please provide instructions where to place those 3rd party snippets for tracking to be able to track the whole website

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hello RallyRookie,

Thanks for reaching to us.

Please check this article for help: https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-install-and-setup-google-tag-manager-in-wordpress/

Let me know the result.

Kind Regards

RallyRookie
    Participant

Hello

thanks but that doesn’t help.. As mentioned we don’t want to use plugins as many are blocked. We want to put the code in the WordPress Woodward Theme. As mentioned there is no html file to do so, please point us to the right file and the correct way to implement the Google Tag Manager + Consent Tool Code.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hello RallyRookie,

Please follow this article to insert GTM to your site without using plugin https://googleanalytics4.co/google-tag-manager/adding-google-tag-manager-to-wordpress-without-plugin/

Regards,

RallyRookie
    Participant

Hello Hung Pham,

unfortunately it doesn’t work. We installed this via this blog article, then the website shuts down ‘critical error’. See screenshots.
    We cannot install it via the user interface in WordPress as we do not have the option of the functions.php. We therefore did this directly in the functions.php on the server.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by RallyRookie. Reason: PLEASE DELETE PHOTOS after you see it
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hello RallyRookie,

First of all, I’m really sorry have taken long time to reply you.

If you are not familiar with coding, I kindly recommend you to use plugin instead. It is the easy way to help you set up.

Regards,

RallyRookie
    Participant

Hello Hung Pham,

sorry but this is not okay! We just paid for the updated support in which you state that you help with 3rd party tools integration.

You just keep sending articles that don’t work and don’t address the problem we have. And the problem lies within your template! With each template there is usually a html file where it is easy to use the code and just paste it, so why is it not working with your template and the template gives an error with the article you provided?!

We expect support if we paid for this, and this is not a problem on our site but on your template so you have to look into this.

RallyRookie
    Participant

And btw. we implemented the code exactly as described, and your template crashes, so this has nothing to do with a problem on our site – why does the template crash?

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi RallyRookie,

First of all, I’m really sorry have taken long time to reply you due to the weekend.

I’ve passed this topic to one of our developers, and I will let you know once get an answer.

Regards,

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi RallyRookie,

To assist you in the best possible manner, I kindly ask that you provide me temporary wp-admin info (wp-admin URL, username, password) and FTP info (server, username, password, port) to Private Content area, this will allow me to thoroughly investigate and address your concerns in a more efficient.

Regards,

RallyRookie
    Participant

Hello Hung Pham,

I’ve posted the data in the private content. As mentioned we did apply the code as per article – see screenshots. However we had to take it out as the website was crashed, and did not work.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi RallyRookie,

Admin credential is incorrect, please check again.

Regards,

RallyRookie
    Participant

Hello,

The WP login works for me. The FTP via FileZilla has a copy&paste issue. When i try to enter the credentials from this thread, it is also not working. When i copy them from my password manager, there is no issue.
    The final way it worked, was to copy/paste the credentials from this thread to a Texteditor and from there to FileZilla (by just marking the exact signs and not the hole line) !

Please let me know if that also works for you.
    Regards

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi RallyRookie,

Admin credential still doesn’t work, please check again.

Regards,

RallyRookie
    Participant

Hello,

I checked again and i am sorry tell you that it is working, but only if you make sure that no space is included before or after the credentials, especially with the password. If i mark the hole line, there can be a space included, which is not part of the credentials. Then it is also not working for me. If I make sure to mark only the signs of the credentials, it is fine!

I copied them for the FTP again in the extra information for you. The WP Login is working right?

Regards

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi RallyRookie,

Please see recorded video for better understanding.

Regards,

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Hung Pham. Reason: Remove video

RallyRookie
    Participant

Thank you for the video. I still don’t get why it is not working.
    We have the limit login attempts plugin. I cleared the ip adress denylist. maybe you were on it.
    I hope this works now for you.

Does the FTP login work?

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi RallyRookie,

The FTP worked properly, but we need wp-admin access as well. So, please make sure you disabled IPs / Countries restrictions.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

RallyRookie
    Participant

Okay, at least some good news.
    Now deleted wp account i gave you and added a new wp login. The login was successfully working via pc and mobile (2 different ip adresses). So fingers crossed that it also works for you.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi RallyRookie,

Thanks for new account, it worked.

I’ve passed this topic to one of our developers, and I will let you know once get an answer.

Regards,

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi RallyRookie,

First of all, I’m really sorry have taken long time to reply you due to the weekend.

There was an error in your code that added to the beginning of the attack and the character ; is missing.

Regards,

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Hung Pham.

RallyRookie
    Participant

Hello Hung Pham

thanks for checking, I’ve implemented it. Now no error occurs, but the tracking code of the header is not there.
    I’ve checked this with a plugin. Through the developer console only the body code is shown, it seems the header tags are just not there / blocked (?). The code is there on the website, so please check why the header code is blocked.

Kind regards
    Rally Rookie

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi RallyRookie,

Can you please check if this problem exists with the default theme?

Regards,

RallyRookie
    Participant

Hello Hung Pham,

we set up the default wood mart theme on our staging site (see private content). There we setup the exact same code. The header code is shown and also the body code, however the tag doesn’t fire, the cookie is not set.

And btw. please immediately DELETE the screenrecording link in the post above – you are showing private login data (!) that everyone can see.

Kind regards

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi RallyRookie,

I checked your main site and GTM tag are placed inside both header and body.

I also removed the recorded video. Login details are placed into Private Content, please do not worry.

Regards,

RallyRookie
    Participant

Hello Hung Pham,

thanks for your help – all has worked out.

Could you please delete the attachments from the earliest post as well as your mono snap link, as there are some direct links to the server displayed?

Thanks
    Kind regards

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi RallyRookie,

I removed all public information.

Glad to hear your issue has been resolved. Keep us in mind for future questions and concerns, we’re always here to help!

If you have a quick minute we always appreciate a 5-star rating on our theme!

https://themeforest.net/item/woodmart-woocommerce-wordpress-theme/reviews/20264492

Your feedback is the motivation to improve our work and services.

Regards,

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)