Home Forums WoodMart support forum Is it possible for a customized item added to the shopping cart to be edited?

Is it possible for a customized item added to the shopping cart to be edited?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

JeanneMeier
    Participant

I have my check out page set where the shopper can click on the item in the cart and go back to review it. However, when they do that the information they entered (custom fields) is completely gone when they go back.

Is there a way to set it so they can edit what they’ve entered?

Thank you

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi JeanneMeier,

Thanks for reaching to us.

To assist you in the best possible manner, I kindly ask that you please provide me screenshots that illustrate the problem to the Private Content area, this will allow me to thoroughly investigate and address your concerns more efficiently.

Regards,

JeanneMeier
    Participant

I will attach a video.

To explain it, once a customer makes their product selection and completes the customization fields and then adds the customized item to their shopping cart, if they go back the product is blank and all customization is missing. So, when they’re reviewing their order if they realize they had a typo or need to make a change they cannot return to edit it, they have to completely remove the product and do it all again – or email us.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi JeanneMeier,

Thanks for video.

WoodMart has an "Quick shop" for variable products option, which enabling you to variable product to cart without redirecting to single page, you can see recorded video for better understanding https://go.screenpal.com/watch/cZil1yV8R1X

I kindly recommend you to test the functionality with default WordPress themes such as TwentyTwenty or WooCommerce Storefront to see how it works.

Regards,

JeanneMeier
    Participant

This is not what I was meaning. I have the variable product set up okay.

The problem that I am having is that once a customer selects their item and completes the personalization field, they add the item to the cart. Once they are on the cart page, if they want to edit their entries they cannot do so. When they click on the item (from their cart) they are taken back to the product page and all the customization fields are blank again. If they wanted to order additional, like items with different customization that would be perfect, but I’m trying to figure out how they can make edits to the item(s) in their cart.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi JeanneMeier,

Thanks for details.

I kindly recommend you to test the functionality with default WordPress themes such as TwentyTwenty or WooCommerce Storefront to see how it works.

Regards,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)