Home Forums WoodMart support forum Issues with category layout after updating products via WP All Import

Issues with category layout after updating products via WP All Import

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Merineo
    Participant

Hello.
    We use specific layouts for categories on our website. Everything works fine, but after updating the products (prices and stock status), the layout stops working for some categories, and a generic layout is displayed.
    We have tested everything possible and impossible. We disabled unnecessary plugins, but the result remained the same. We even created a copy of the website on another server, but the problems persisted.

We assumed that the issue was with WP All Import, so we contacted their support and performed tests. The result is that they didn’t find anything on their end that could cause this problem, so they recommended us to contact the theme support (details provided below).

What happens:
    After updating prices and stock statuses, the layout stops displaying correctly for the specific category and shows the generic layout instead.
    How to fix it:
    By opening one of the nested categories and saving it without making any changes, this problem is resolved.
    …however, there is a high likelihood that this issue will occur again with the next update (these difficulties occur in 90% of cases).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,
    On your Site, can you please once make sure your WoodMart theme and Core plugin is updated to the latest version and then check back the issue again on your Site. If it is not updated then you can update the Theme and Core following the Documentation Guide:
    https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/update-the-theme/

If the issue still persists after updating the Theme and Core plugin, then could you please once try deactivating all the third party Plugins on your Site, remaining the Theme required ones activated? If the issue gets resolved, then reactivate them one by one to see which Plugin is causing the issue.

If somehow the issue still persists, then please take complete Backup of your Site first, then provide us the WP-ADMIN Login details of your Site in the Private Content field along with the permission to completely debug your Site which includes deactivating all the third party Plugins and removal of on-Site Customization changes too, so that we can thoroughly check this issue on your Site and assist you accordingly.

Best Regards.

Merineo
    Participant

Hello,
    …as I mentioned earlier, we have tested all of this. I will prepare a complete backup of the website and provide you with access so that you can test everything on it. I will create a new copy for you so that you are not affected by what you tested from the WPAllImport support. I expect it to be ready by tomorrow.

Thank you in advance.

PS: …footnote:
    We also have another page where we use Woodmart and WPAllImport to update inventory and prices, and we are experiencing a similar issue there as well. After the update in the administration, only top-level categories are visible. The information about the count and pagination is correct (although paging is not possible since it only displays top-level categories and there are only 2 of them). …and once again, simply opening one of the categories and saving it without any changes makes all sub-categories appear. I’m mentioning this just to provide the information that this is not an isolated case.

Hello,

Can you please share valid WP-ADMIN Login details of your Site so that we can proceed further and check the issue on your Site and assist you accordingly?

Best Regards.

Merineo
    Participant

Here are details.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by Merineo.
    • This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by Merineo.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

You sent a link to the category “Zariadenie kuchyne” which doesn’t have any custom layouts created. Please, assign a custom layout to this category so we can try to run the import and check what is wrong.
    Also, keep all third-party plugins temporarily turned off.

Kind Regards

Merineo
    Participant

Hello,
    Please read the description that I have sent you.
    I have sent you a link to a test page where the problem exists, as well as the steps to fix it. I have also sent you a link showing how it should look. You have everything you need in the text and the links. Below, I am attaching the layout settings that are there.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, keep all third-party plugins temporarily turned off and provide us with your FTP access.

Merineo
    Participant

I have already sent you everything in the previous messages. I will send it to you again. Nevertheless, feel free to perform any tests you need on the test page.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, disable all plugins that are not related to our theme so we don’t break anything.

Thank you

Merineo
    Participant

…try now

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

As we can see, there are still some plugins that are not related to our theme activated. Also, please, switch to the parent theme temporarily.

Merineo
    Participant

ACF is enabled there because it is used to display data in the layout. If you come to the conclusion that ACF is the issue, I will remove it and find an alternative solution to make it work for testing. You have full access to the page, and it is exclusively available to you. Feel free to toggle, enable, disable, and test as needed. If you will continue testing it in this way, we will test it until Christmas….

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Could you please temporarily disable Firewall on your server because our IP has been blocked? https://monosnap.com/file/tgP19mHJLiLIx3waDPj3nKdNOIqx6n

Merineo
    Participant

I don’t know where to disable that protection since both the live page and the test page are hosted elsewhere.
    Could you please explain to me when that protection appeared, at which link, or during which activity?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We don’t see the problem now even after trying to run the import. Could you please clarify how can we reproduce the problem again after the import?

Kind Regards

Merineo
    Participant

Hello,
    The problem occurs after updating the stock status of a product via wpallimport. As I mentioned earlier, sometimes it doesn’t happen (I haven’t figured out any logic as to when it happens and when it doesn’t). For example, it happened on the live website yesterday, and this morning the layout was not loading again. I had to save the category for everything to start functioning correctly.

(You can not disable WooCommerce add-ons for WPAllImport…)

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by Merineo.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

When we checked this on your website we noticed that the WooCommerce PHP function that returns IDs of child categories doesn’t work correctly. Probably, it is somehow broken after the import. But we have to understand how to reproduce it to continue the investigation.

Kind Regards

Merineo
    Participant

Hello,

…I really don’t know how to explain it anymore. I’ve already written everything in the previous messages about how the error occurs and how to “fix” it… Honestly, I expected that you wouldn’t help us based on the posts in this forum. You can assist when someone has a minor issue, but not when it’s something more serious… I imagine support as an effort to solve the problem, not repeatedly asking the same questions even though it has already been explained. …We will never use a theme from you again. Most of the time, I can find and fix the problem myself, but this is beyond my capabilities.

I’m not even surprised when the support is in the form of a forum 🤷‍♂️

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sorry, but you wrote only how to fix the issue and not how to reproduce it again. We are still here to help you. Just write us step by step instructions about how to reproduce the problem again and again so we can troubleshoot it.

Kind Regards

Merineo
    Participant

Please have a look at the message from May 25, 2023 at 5:47 pm
    …I really don’t know how to explain it in even more details.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, we read this and already tried. As we replied on May 31, 2023, we can’t reproduce the problem even after running the import as you described. But we also noticed that this import doesn’t make anything at the moment https://monosnap.com/file/snVIqRHI9asIOF7QB5SmCGT5jE2zzL

Merineo
    Participant

Yes, when nothing is imported, there is no error (which seems logical – that’s why I initially communicated with WPAllImport, but they confirmed that everything is fine on their side and also asked me to provide them with information once the issue is resolved, as they are interested). I also mentioned somewhere that it sometimes happens that the issue doesn’t occur, although most of the time this problem does arise – which I have observed on the live website.

I don’t know any other way to cause this error… the only thing I can do is clone the live website with this issue – if it helps, I will do it.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, so how can we run the import so it update something and cause this error again and again? We need to be able to reproduce this issue multiple times to test this and try to find a solution.

Kind Regards

Tagged: 

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)