Home Forums WoodMart support forum Items won't stay in shopping cart

Items won't stay in shopping cart

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

I’ve done a clean install of this theme with no additional plugins, no demo/dummy data, and no customizations. It’s basically been installed straight out of the box but it is not working.

I’ve created only one simple product and have tried to add it to the shopping cart, but it will not stay in the cart. Within seconds, the item disappears from the cart. If I try to add additional quantities, it still remains at “1” qty in the cart.

Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you for using our theme for your website and contacting us.

Could you please check if your shopping cart page works correctly with the default theme? Temporarily switch to default WordPress theme to understand is it our theme issue or not.

Regards

Actually, I tried switching back from Woodcart to the default WordPress theme and the website ended up having an HTTP 500 error that I had to contact the web server tech support for. They said there is an issue with the Woodcart Core plugin causing this error:

Are you able to help?

I managed to switch back to the default theme and adding products to the cart is working now. I think there may be an issue with the AJAX code, perhaps? Is there a way to turn off the AJAX shopping cart features?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Could you please provide us your admin access so we can check ourselves?

bn86
    Participant

This is happening to me too. Is there a solution?

bn86
    Participant

You can add a product to the basket, but when you add another product, the first product disappears, replaced by the second one.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Did you check how it works with default WordPress theme? Could you please provide us your admin access so we can take a look?

Regards

Yes, it does work with the default WordPress theme. I’ve copied the admin info here for you:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We just tested your website and was able to add more than one item to the shopping cart without any problems. See screenshot https://gyazo.com/4095ce9439d1e09abe67e9c694268b07

Regards

bn86
    Participant

Are you seeing the problem on my site? I can only add multiple products to the cart when logged in..

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

We asked you to check how it works with default WordPress theme. Could you please provide us your admin access so we can take a look?

Regards

bn86
    Participant

Thanks. I appreciate your help.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We tried to activate a default WordPress theme and now gets an error. Could you please provide us your FTP access so we can check what is wrong there?

bn86
    Participant

I found this as well. I’m not sure why it’s started doing this.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Are you able to disable cache on your website?

bn86
    Participant

I’ve disabled varnish. Does that help?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, now it works correctly.

bn86
    Participant

Great, thanks! Is this something my host can fix, so I can still use varnish?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

I guess your hosting should help you since it is not just about our theme but about WordPress sites in general so it should have some solution.

Regards

mary-1736
    Participant

I have the same issue. Just opened a new topic. Could you please advise?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)