Home Forums WoodMart support forum Linked Variations not displaying all variations

Linked Variations not displaying all variations

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

francois
    Participant

Hi, I’ve created a linked variation bundle with 8 products. Only five of them appear as linked variations on the product page. Please could you help me figure out why.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Could you please send us a link to your website where we can see this issue? Attach your admin access as well.

Kind Regards

francois
    Participant

Details of staging site below. Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

It happens because some products have the same color. For example, if you have two products with “Gray” color, only one of them will be used for linked variations. So you need to make sure that all products have their own unique value for the color attribute.

Kind Regards

francois
    Participant

Thanks for the explanation, however I don’t think it should work that way.

If I have specified that I want to list 4 grey products as linked variations, then I should be able to see all 4 variations. Furthermore, as I’m using the product image as the swatch, the 4 grey variations would appear distinct. If I had to create unique color attributes, I would end up with multiple versions of each color in my color filter.

In the current situation, If I search for and select product 3713-3, the correct page page opens, but the swatch for product 4711-1 is selected/highlighted, which is obviously wrong.

francois
    Participant

These are the color attributes for the linked variation bundle in question:

‘White’
    ‘Grey’
    ‘Blue’
    ‘Grey, Silver’
    ‘Grey’
    ‘Black, Grey’
    ‘Blue, Beige’
    ‘Red, Beige’

The color attribute list for each product is unique.

francois
    Participant

For product 5806, linked variations 1-4 and 6 display. 5 does not

5806-1: ‘Beige’
    5806-2: ‘Beige, Pink’
    5806-3: ‘Beige, Blue’
    5806-4: ‘Blue, Purple’
    5806-5: ‘Copper, Orange, Red’ – Not displaying
    5806-6: ‘Blue, Red’

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

You need to have one color per product to make it work correct. It doesn’t work if products have multiple terms. It is like with WooCommerce variable products, they can’t contain multiple attribute terms.

Kind Regards

francois
    Participant

How is it then that these are linked?

5806-1: ‘Beige’
    5806-2: ‘Beige, Pink’
    5806-3: ‘Beige, Blue’
    5806-4: ‘Blue, Purple’
    5806-6: ‘Blue, Red’

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

It may link them randomly by only one term. But it will not work all the time because it is based on one term only so you may face conflict like the previous product. Try to leave only one color per product and test how it works.

francois
    Participant

Okay, I think I’ve figured out a way to have multiple colors per product, by creating a color attribute for the shop filter (with multiple colors/terms per product) and a separate swatch attribute for the linked variations function.

Only issue now is that I’m not seeing tooltips on the linked variation swatches.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please disable all external plugins that are not related to our theme so we can check the issue with tooltips?

Kind Regards

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)