Home Forums WoodMart support forum Loco does not translate all text in template and how to customize template

Loco does not translate all text in template and how to customize template

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Marloes2019
    Participant

Hi there,

I have downloaded Loco to translate the English text to Dutch, but over half of it will not change. How can I change all text?
    Also, how can I customize? For example I don’t want the compare button with the product, I want it removed. See attachment.

Hope you can help,

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and for contacting us.

You can disable the compare button on the product grid in the Theme Settings > Shop > Compare https://prnt.sc/rq3tpz

Please specify the phrases you have a problem in translation and page URL.

Best Regards

Marloes2019
    Participant

Hello Elise,

Thanks for your fast reply, I fixed the compare problem with one page, but on the product page, is unfortunately still visible (see attachment 1 green sign)

I have some problems with customizing the existing template page. (very new at making a website)
    For example I cannot figure out how to remove the words ‘reviews’ and ‘shipping and delivery’ see attachment 1.

About some words I can not translate, I have marked with red arrow in attachment 1 & 2

Hope this is easy to fix 🙂

Marloes2019
    Participant

Sorry, hereby attachments in correct size.

Attachments:

Hello,

In order to remove the Compare and Wishlist from the page add this code to the Theme Settings > Custom CSS > Global:

body .summary-inner>.woodmart-compare-btn{
        display: none;
    }
    body .summary-inner>.woodmart-wishlist-btn{
        display: none;
    }

You can disable the functionality in the Theme Settings > Shop Compare / Wishlist.

In order to remove /edit the Shipment deliver you need to remove all in Additional tab in the Theme Settings > Product page > Tabs.

All the strings related to the theme are translated in Loco > themes > Woodmart, All the strings related to the Woocommerce are translated in Loco > plugins > Woocommerce.

Please synchronize translations.

Best Regards

Marloes2019
    Participant

Hi Elise,

Thank you.
    Unfortunately still not everything will translate. I checked strings in Woocommerce and Woodmart.

One other question I am trying to figure out all day..
    I made 3 information boxes with a SVG picture in it.
    But I don’t want it to be a ‘button’
    When I click on it, it will show the picture very big.
    I just want it to be like a picture where it is not able to click on.
    I also tried using a normal ‘picture element’ but in that case the sizes are not adjustable as how I would like.

-Do you know how to make this information box just a picture, not a button to click on? (see attachments)
    -Do you know another way to translate all buttons and text in Dutch?

Attachments:

Hello,

It seems that you have an outdated woodmart/languages/woodmart.pot file. You need to get it from the latest update and then click on “Sync” button.

As for information boxes, please provide page URL and your site admin access to the private area.

Best Regards

Marloes2019
    Participant

Hi Elise,

See private content.

Attachments:

Hello,

Please make the full backup of your site. I will replace the file for the new one. Please check the credentials to FTP I cannot log in. If you have any blocking by IP or country, disable them for a while.

Best Regards

Marloes2019
    Participant

Hi Elise, see private content.

Hello,

I have checked and Loco works properly: https://prnt.sc/rsvz2b and https://prnt.sc/rsvz9e you do not need to replace the file.

You have two equal files of translation delete the empty one and all the strings from the product page and other Woocommerce pages translate in Loco > Plugin > Woocommerce.

Best Regards

Marloes2019
    Participant

Hello,

I do not quite understand what you mean exactly, could you explain once again?
    And how about the issue with the information box I explained?

Hello,

All the information boxes are translated in the element. Enter the element and translate all inside. You have two files for Woocommerce, remove the empty one. Then translate the Woocommerce strings in the same way as you translate WoodMart.
    Here is a video tutorial that should help you translate your website texts with a Loco Translate plugin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3NsDdMzsls&list=PLMw6W4rAaOgKKv0oexGHzpWBg1imvrval&index=3

Best Regards

Marloes2019
    Participant

Hello Elise,

Maybe I explained myself not good enough, but what I mean is the following:

When I click on one of the information boxes, the picture wil be shown large in screen. I don’t want it to be a ‘link’.
    Also when I make it a link, it won’t direct to this page, but shill show the picture large in my screen. See link in Private content.
    I have attached what I mean, I hope it will be clear for you now.
    How can I make this a actual working link, or no link at all?

Kind Regards,

Marloes

Attachments:

Marloes2019
    Participant

Check Private.

Hello,

As per your screen, I see you have added a link. Remove the link if you do not want your Infomation box to be clickable, remove the text from the Button.

Best Regards

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)