Home Forums WoodMart support forum Lost password problem

Lost password problem

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

SmartInk
    Participant

Hello, I have a problem with the “lost password” functional. When I open link in my email, it redirects me to form “enter email”, and I can’t restore password. If you have the opportunity, please watch the video, everything is clear there. Thank you very much.

Hello,

I saw your video attachment. Could you please test the same thing with default WordPress theme like twenty nineteen so it will be clear that this is the theme issue or not.

Because it is a part of the WooCommerce plugin, not the theme. That is why you need to check it with default WordPress theme first and see how it works to understand is it related to WoodMart or not. If you will see that it works fine with other themes, then we will check it from our side as well.

Best Regards.

SmartInk
    Participant

Ok, but I have the site with the only theme and recommended plugins, and problem still here. Can you check it?

Hello,

I have tested your site the password reset email contains the incorrect link to generate a new password.

Kindly check the reset password link from the WooCommerce >> Settings >> Email >> Reset password.

Also you need to make sure that you used the “lost-password” value for Lost password field in WooCommerce >> Settings >> Advanced

After doing this check back your site. In case if the email link still leads to wrong page except for the right forget password page. Then share your admin login credentials for your site “http://smartinkdev2.wpengine.com/” so I can check and help you out.

Best Regards.

SmartInk
    Participant

Hello, thank you for your reply!

Reset password link:
    …a class=”link” href=”<?php echo esc_url( add_query_arg( array( ‘key’ => $reset_key, ‘id’ => $user_id ), wc_get_endpoint_url( ‘lost-password’, ”, wc_get_page_permalink( ‘myaccount’ ) ) ) ); ?>”><?php // phpcs:ignore ?>
    <?php esc_html_e( ‘Click here to reset your password’, ‘woocommerce’ ); ?>
    </a…

In the WooCommerce >> Settings >> Advanced >> Lost password fild I have “lost-password”.

Hello,

I have test your site by registering myself from the front registration form. Then I logout and click on forget password and enter my specific email address and it sends me mail which contains the link of forget password page which is not correct. The expected page is reset password page where I have to generate a new password.

Could you please test with some default theme like twenty nineteen so it will be clear that this is the theme issue or not. Because this functionality is a part of WooCommerce plugin and our theme does not influence this. So, it’s better to contact to WooCommerce support for this purpose.

Best Regards.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)