Home Forums WoodMart support forum Main Shop Archive Page

Main Shop Archive Page

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

dreamzspl
    Participant

Hello, is it possible to have the main shop archive page to be arranged and show products in such a manner:

Title of Product main category 1
    [ Product 1 ] [ Product 2 ] [ Product 3 ] … etc
    …scroll down…
    Title of Product main category 2
    [ Product 4 ] [ Product 5 ] [ Product 6 ] … etc
    …scroll down…
    Title of Product main category 3
    [ Product 7 ] [ Product 8 ] [ Product 9 ] … etc

and so on.

I understand that the main shop archive page shows products in a all-in-one page, sorted by its ‘importance’ level (which is stated in the respective edit product page)

Wondering if it can be ‘grouped’ by its categories and shown as a group of products in each category instead.

To take this question one step further, will it also be possible to show a group of products filtered by tags, attributes instead as well?
    And is it possible to have banners, icons etc to represent the start of each category in the product archive page?

Thanks!

Hello,

Yes it is possible with custom layouts. Consider using the Woocommerce builder of WoodMart allowing to create custom templates for product pages and other functional pages that are not editable by default. Woocommerce builder is the inbuilt functionality widget included in the builder you use on the site.
    Please check this manual:
    https://xtemos.com/docs-cat/woocommerce-layouts-builder/?theme=woodmart

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards.

dreamzspl
    Participant

Hello,
    what about individual category’s shop archive pages? Is it possible to customize for each category’s main shop archive page?

Thank you.

Hello,

Yes you can create custom layout for specific category:
    Screenshot for clarification:
    https://ibb.co/wrtXhgY

Best Regards.

dreamzspl
    Participant

Hi, thanks for your answers.

Another question: if i want to add a “product categories carousel” item in all archive pages by default to serve as the main navigation in the shop, how can I go about doing it?
    I will still require product archive pages for each respective category. (Hoping to use back the default archives instead of having to create custom archive pages for every single category).

Hello,

For this Create custom layout for only the shop page and use the categories widget to achieve this.
    Screenshot for clarification:
    https://ibb.co/PtF6WfP

Best Regards.

dreamzspl
    Participant

Hi, what if I have a custom main shop archive page, a custom shop archive for category A products, another custom shop archive for category B products, and a default shop archive for rest of the products belonging to category C, D, etc.
    BUT i would like to have a fixed, consistent “product categories carousel” across ALL the shop archive pages (including the main shop archive, and also all the custom shop archives and the rest of the products shop archive as well).

How can I achieve this, please?

Thank you.

dreamzspl
    Participant

Another question..
    If i were to set up a Woocommerce layout section (From Dashboard > Layouts), and with relevant conditions like for example applying to product categories, it seems that it will overwrite the respective content that I have added in Dashboard > Products > Categories > respective category description, HTML block etc?

I would like to keep both.

The rationale is, each product category may have different contents (hence customizing the content via Products > Categories > respective category description). However, I also want to add something that is consistent and fixed across all the product category pages (like the product category carousel that I mentioned above in my previous posts). But I feel adding the product category carousel on each “Products > Categories > respective category description” will be too repetitive and is not efficient and not ideal if i want to make edits in future.

Thank you.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by dreamzspl.
    • This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by dreamzspl.

Hello,

If you are using custom layouts for each category you need to add a carousel for each category. If you are using custom layouts for all categories you need to add only one carousel in the layout.

Sometimes theme settings do not take effect on custom layouts. You need to use specific widgets for show the element’s content.

Best Regards.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)