Home Forums WoodMart support forum Menus will not save.

Menus will not save.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

offgridcircuits
    Participant

I have been working on this for days. I am attempting to modify my main navigation menu on https://solarsupplyhouse.com. I add one item and it appears in the menus hierarchy on the bottom. I click “Save” and it redirects to the home page with nothing added.
    The Menu will not update any changes. It redirects to the home page without any additions or changes. I have cleared all the caches I can find, disabled Lightspeed cache. Still will not update. I deactivated all plugins, except the theme and still will not save and update the menu. I updated the php Var from 3000 to 10000. Still will not save. I last used the menu changes months ago and it worked fine.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Please deactivate all the plugins except these ones:

Slider Revolution
    WPBakery Page Builder or Elementor
    Woodmart Core
    Contact Form 7
    MailChimp for WordPress
    WooCommerce
    Safe SVG

If the problem has gone, activate the plugins one by one, checking the issue to detect which one causes the problem.
    In case, the problem remains, even after all the plugins are deactivated, provide your site admin access (insert the site credentials into the Private content block under the message area) and confirm the permission for plugins deactivation, switching to the parent or default theme. As soon as we complete the testing we will enable it all back, however, the site would be without plugins for 15-20 min. You would better make the full backup of your site.

Best Regards

offgridcircuits
    Participant

I did the above and the problem is still exists. Menu will not update and save. Once I make changes and click save, it redirects to the home page and nothing is updated and the menu changes disappear.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, keep all plugins that are not related to our theme temporarily turned off.

Thank you

offgridcircuits
    Participant

I need to know how long “temporarily” is and when to start it. It’s a live functioning ecommerce site.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

I will be here for the next 6-7 hours and will do the check quickly.

offgridcircuits
    Participant

It is 11:30 AM GMT. I checked the site and all but the woodmart plugins were disabled. I assume someone worked on the site to verify that the menus are broken, as we did not deactivate them. It is a working Ecommerce site and disabling and then not re-enabling the plugins for our commerce functionality, is not acceptable.

If it is 0600 GMT to 1100 GMT, we are asleep. This is the optimum time to work on our site in the UK.
    I checked the original problem and it still exists. I cannot create a new menu item and save it. It will not save and it redirects to the home page.

I need this to be resolved and I must be informed when the site will be down and for how long and if we are dead asleep, then the site needs to be restored after it is tested.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We checked your website and see that the problem is still caused by low PHP max input vars parameter. Since it doesn’t work only when there are a lot of menu items added. It works for small menu lists. Please, try to increase it in a few times and test how it works.

offgridcircuits
    Participant

I increased it to 10,000. Did not work
    I increased it to 30,000. Did not work.
    I increased it to 90,000. Did not work.
    I increased it to 300,000. Did not work.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

It means that you are changing it in the wrong place or it doesn’t take effect. Or maybe there are some other limits on your server. But you can check by yourselves that it doesn’t work only for large menus. It means that your server can’t process it. We had a lot of similar requests in the past and they were always solved by increasing this parameter.

offgridcircuits
    Participant

You fu*&^%$ Morons switched to the main theme and did not switch back to the child theme when you were troubleshooting it. Plus, you left all plugins off except Woodmart. Tons of stuff will not work now. You broke my site and now it’s taking hours to try and put it back together.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We are very sorry for the inconvenience, but we didn’t touch anything on your website since your last message at all.

Kind Regards

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)