Home Forums WoodMart support forum Mobile menu not working

Mobile menu not working

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

leonardobruno
    Participant

Hello, the mobile menu on my site doesn’t work. When clicking on it, it does not open showing the options.

When inspecting with Google Chrome, I saw that there is an error: “Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘split’ of undefined.”

This error only happens on pages that are using WP Bakery Page Builder.

Can you help me?

Hello,

First of all thanks for choosing our Theme, we are glad to be you in the WoodMart WordPress family :-).

Please deactivate all the third party plugins, activate parent theme. Clear cache and check back.

If the problem continues then provide admin panel login details with the URL of the website to check it myself and help you out accordingly because you forgot to provide the URL of the website.

Best Regards.

leonardobruno
    Participant

We already try all these options

Hello,

I have tried to login to your website but was unable to login. The credentials don’t seem to be correct.

Please provide me with correct admin panel login details to check it myself and help you out accordingly.

Best Regards.

leonardobruno
    Participant

We reset pass, please try again

Hello,

I have logged into your website and deactivated all the third party plugins and the mobile menu is working fine on my end.

Please clear cache and check back.

Video for Clarification: https://jmp.sh/Drtk1r5

Best Regards.

leonardobruno
    Participant

When disable WP Bakery Page Builder, menu is working
    But site need WP Bakery Page Builder to work correctly (a lot of pure code on page)

leonardobruno
    Participant

With WPBakery on, when inspect site on Chrome (and refresh it), menu stop to work

leonardobruno
    Participant

We can turn on WooCommerce? these site is a live store

Hello,

I have revisited your website and the WPbakery page builder is active and I haven’t deactivated the plugin.

The issue is that most of the elements on the page are added to the code using the text block that’s why code is displaying on the front end. Please make sure that you have used the correct modules instead of text blocks. This will fix the issue.

Screenshot for Clarification: https://ibb.co/P6BGmg0

Best Regards.

leonardobruno
    Participant

Showing this code (your screenshot), because WooCommerce was disabled, we use only nodules

leonardobruno
    Participant

Tabs of products modules, also dont work only on homepage (desktop or mobile)

Hello,

If you are not using WooCommerce then the module will not work because these modules require WooCommerce to be activated. Because the products are WooCommerce functionality and our theme doesn’t influence them.

Best Regards.

leonardobruno
    Participant

So, in that screenshot you showed us that we were using text blocks to insert the codes, but those text blocks appeared, because, when performing the tests, the Woocommerce has been disabled. If you activate it again, the text block will become a Woocommerce element.

I don’t know why but any element of WP Bakery that I put on a page, causes the mobile menu to stop working.

leonardobruno
    Participant

I still can’t find a solution. Can you help me?

Hello,

This is happening because the elements that are related to products require WooCommerce to be installed and configured for them to work correctly. If you are not using WooCommerce then the elements will not work.

I have tested your website and the mobile menu is working fine on my end. Please clear cache and check back.

Video for Clarification: https://jmp.sh/m9TmaAK

Best Regards.

leonardobruno
    Participant

I cleared the cache and checked again and it’s still not working for me.

When I reload the page in mobile format, or when I check on my cell phone, the menu still doesn’t work.

Hello,

I have logged into your website and you have deactivated all the third party plugins that i have deactivated.

Screenshot for Clarification: https://ibb.co/tzxRg6B

Please deactivate all the third party plugins then clear cache and check back. This will fix the issue.

Then you can try and activate the plugins one by one and find which one is causing the issue in your case.

Best Regards.

leonardobruno
    Participant

I recorded two videos for clarification (on private content).

As you can see in the 1st video, I disabled all third party plugins that are not essential for the site, and that are not the plugins that already come with the theme. As you can also see, even so, the error persists.

I noticed that if the option “Disable Page Title” is activated and if there is any element of WP Bakery on the page, the menu stops working (as you can see in the 2nd video).

I cannot leave WP Bakery disabled, as the entire site was created with it. Also, on the Homepage, I can’t leave the Disable Page Title option off, because I don’t want the page title to appear on it.

Best Regards.

leonardobruno
    Participant

I managed to find a solution, but only by editing the theme codes.

The code in question is the onePageMenu function, which is in the file wp-content / themes / js / functions-min.js. It was causing an error and preventing the file from being fully executed.

What I did was remove this code from that function, since my site does not use One Pages. In doing so, the menu worked correctly.

I found that this code snippet was causing an error because when inspecting the site, on Console, it was the following message: uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘split’ of undefined

I would like a definitive solution to this problem, since it is not ideal to change the theme files, or remove functions from it. Would an update be possible?

Attached the updated file.

Best Regards.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please restore our theme’s original code and provide us your FTP access? Also, write steps that you perform to reproduce the problem with the menu. We will check and provide you with a solution.

Sorry for the troubles.

leonardobruno
    Participant

I put the original files in the theme folder: wp-content/themes/woodmart/js, functions-original.js and functions.min-original.js.

I did not put them in place of the altered files, because the site cannot keep the error in the menu for a long time. But you can rename them to replace the changed files. Just don’t leave the site with the menu inoperative when you’re done.

As I explained, I identified the error by inspecting the site with Google Chrome and in the Console tab, there was the following error in the functions.min.js file: uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘split’ of undefined.

I saw that the code snippet that was showing this error was the one that started with: onePageMenu:function(){.

Since no page on my site is Onepage, I removed this code snippet from the file, and the menu started to function normally. I believe that this piece of code was preventing the file from being fully executed.

The WP File Manager plugin is already installed on the website.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, restore original files and provide us your FTP access. We will do the test quickly.

leonardobruno
    Participant

Files restored. FTP access is in the private content.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You need to specify URL for the following menu item https://gyazo.com/2b63e6a1d53da629d8d9fe3e25549baf
    Otherwise, you need to disable One page anchor option since it will cause the error without URL field.

leonardobruno
    Participant

That worked! I hadn’t seen that there was that option on the menu.

Thanks for the support!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Great, you are welcome!

Tagged: 

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Mobile menu not working’ is closed to new replies.