Home Forums WoodMart support forum Portfolio widget area widgets are not showing on mobile on my portfolio page

Portfolio widget area widgets are not showing on mobile on my portfolio page

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

vynil
    Participant

Hey there,

The Portfolio widget area widgets are not showing on mobile on my portfolio page, link attached.
    Can you please confirm that that should work out of the box? Thank you.

Please check the screenshots attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

vynil
    Participant

update: mobile and desktop view

Attachments:

vynil
    Participant

Hello, any news here?

Hello,

Please try to use the below custom CSS code and paste it to Theme Settings >> Custom CSS >> Global CSS section:

.offcanvas-sidebar-mobile .sidebar-container:not(.wd-inited) {
            display: block;
        }

If the issue still exists then please send me the WP admin login details of your site so I will check and give you the possible solution to you.

Best Regards.

vynil
    Participant

Now it’s working, but it appears on bottom of the page. But I would like to have it on top right above the category filter, screenshot attached.

Attachments:

Hello,

Sorry, this is not possible. The sidebar only shows at the end of the page by default.

Best Regards.

vynil
    Participant

Do you mean that the behaviour for all sidebars is the same by default?

Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please share the WP admin login details of your site so I will forward this issue to the lead developer and he will solve the issue on your site directly?

Best Regards.

vynil
    Participant

Sure, but please check if it’s possible by using a custom CSS code first, without needing to access my dashboard. And if that’s not possible , I will provide access. Thank you in advance.

Hello,

Yes, it is not possible to solve it with custom CSS code, we need to find the correct way to solve this issue.

Best Regards.

vynil
    Participant

Sure thing! Admin details are provided below. Please make sure to keep me posted if something important needs to be changed.

Hello,

First please delete all the custom CSS that was given earlier and then please use this code that needs to be added to the child theme function.php file:

add_action( 'woodmart_before_wp_footer', function () {
    		$sidebar_class = woodmart_get_sidebar_class();

if ( ( is_singular( 'portfolio' ) || woodmart_is_portfolio_archive() ) && ! strstr( $sidebar_class, 'col-lg-0' ) ) {
    			woodmart_enqueue_inline_style( 'mod-sticky-sidebar-opener' ); ?>

<div class="wd-sidebar-opener wd-not-on-shop wd-action-btn wd-style-icon">
    				<a href="#" rel="nofollow">
    				<span>
    					<?php esc_html_e( 'Sidebar', 'woodmart' ); ?>
    				</span>
    				</a>
    			</div>
    			<?php
    		}
    	});

After this, the portfolio sidebar on mobile should open with a floating button similar to how it works on the blog page. https://monosnap.com/file/D8lqNuliCMnFKyfJKNrj76ZxDaead4

Best Regards.

vynil
    Participant

Thank you, that worked!

But your tag archive page layout looks broken. Can you please check the link below:

Attachments:

Hello,

There is an issue with the 3rd party plugins. Please deactivate all the 3rd party plugins and activate only theme-required plugins on the site and then check the issue. I am sure your issue will be solved. Then Activate the 3rd party plugins one by one and check which plugin is creating the issue for you.

Otherwise, if the issue still exists then keep the 3rd party plugins deactivated and let me know so I will check and give you a possible solution.

Best Regards.

vynil
    Participant

May I ask you what you mean by “the 3rd party plugins” This is simply achieved by adding a widget in the sidebar. Please check.

Hello,

No, I mean to say that, tag archive page layout is broken because of any 3rd party plugin. Please deactivate all the 3rd party plugins from the site then we will check this issue as well.

Best Regards.

vynil
    Participant

Hello,

I disabled all plugins and the issue still persists. Please check the screenshot attached.

Attachments:

Hello,

In the previous message, we asked you to disable the plugins, but you didn’t disable them and left them as they see this screenshot (https://monosnap.com/file/iYCdLj5YTwokpQAFCJDebXGcO2pizd).

We reviewed your site and see that the plugins are not disabled. Please deactivate all the plugins except these ones:
    Slider Revolution
    Elementor
    Woodmart Core
    Contact Form 7
    MailChimp for WordPress
    WooCommerce
    Safe SVG

Besst Regards.

vynil
    Participant

I’m sorry but that’s not true! I have disabled all plugins before creating the screenshot. In the very same screenshot, you can see that the layout is different when all plugins are disabled.
    Please provide a solution here!

Hello,

We disabled all third-party plugins on the site to which he provided access (screenshot https://monosnap.com/file/pyOJgUryR9rI0LADEGR1v0WLMVthx2),

and the post tags widget and post archives started to work and look normal (https://monosnap.com/file/0Vdec1kW2TyXLgOhurzJ7wjXCqGnRV).

This means that the issue is caused by third-party plugins or their configuration.

Best Regards.

vynil
    Participant

I’m not talking about this widget. Please check my message careful.

I have added a new widget in the portfolio widget area and it’s not working.
    Even in your video, you can see that after you filter the tags, you have been redirected to tag archives and the sidebar is different – it shows the widget from the main widget section. (screenshot attached).

Do you understand now?

I want to use the tag widget for the portfolio archive page which isn’t working correctly.

vynil
    Participant

Screenshot attached:

Attachments:

Bogdan Donovan
    Keymaster

A widget that is used on your portfolio page sidebar is configured to show blog posts tags and after clicking on it shows blog posts with corresponding tags. Clicking on the blog post tag “chair” takes us to a blog post tag archive page with a blog post that has this tag (screenshot https://monosnap.com/file/M9YlisHAptJzTiE32k10RYT8TDlCsW), so it works correctly on our video.

In your response, you mentioned that you want to use tags on the portfolio archive, but our theme does not have tags for portfolio projects, and therefore there is no portfolio project tags archive page. Because of this, using the standard theme options, it is unfortunately not possible to set up the portfolio page as you described.

Kind Regards

vynil
    Participant

But I have added that taxonomy. Why your theme doesn’t work with it? It’s quite disappointing that this isn’t working because of your theme. I guess you know that this will work with every theme from the repository, right? The limit is caused by your theme.

Is it possible to fix this?

Bogdan Donovan
    Keymaster

Standard WordPress themes or the default WooCommerce theme Storefront do not have a built-in post type for portfolio projects. Portfolio projects are a part of the Woodmart theme. By default, the portfolio projects post type does not have tags, and the custom taxonomies present were added by a third-party plugin. Currently, we have not tested these custom taxonomies and, unfortunately, cannot guarantee their functionality with the portfolio. Changes related to this cannot be fixed with simple custom code, but we will consider this improvement for our future updates.

Kind Regards

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)