Home Forums Basel support forum Problem with Composite products

Problem with Composite products

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

knittinginna
    Participant

Hello there – I LOVE Basel! But I just innstalled it after testing it on a dev-account, and I am experiencing problems in my Woocommerce store. Everything seems fine, but when you start “building” your product with Woocommerce Composite Products, something seems to be wrong. And when using your mobile, nothing happens when you add to cart. On desktop, the product gets added, but the total price shows 0. (But when you enter the cart, everything is fine).

Can you please please help me? All my sales are stopping now..

PS – the link I left is an direct link to a Composite product

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We are glad to know that you considered using Basel for your web-site. I hope you will be happy with it.

First of all, we suggest you to disable AJAX adding to cart in Theme Settings -> Product page. The problem is that our ajax handler is not aware of any additional fields added to your products that are not related to our theme and that is why it can not work correctly.

Kind Regards
    Xtemos

knittinginna
    Participant

Ah – thank you so much for your fast response! The cart issue is now fixed, luckily, so people can now show again 🙂

But the the other issue is remaining, it might be an issue for the developer of the Composite Product, but I´ll take a chance and hoping you might have a solution for this as well.

The problem is: The final price doesn’t get summed up after the customer have made his choices – it is still in 0.

Also – it should show the amount of “pieces” and the subtotal for each choice. Now it displays the price of 1, even though some choices has 7-8 pieces.

Again – everything seems fine after it has been added to the cart, including prices.

Hope you can help me. I really LOVE this theme!! And I love my new shop! 🙂

PS – when I have you “on the line” – is it possible to have to size guide to show in the description section? I think the size guide link is so small, and want the chart to show permanently.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but this most likely seems to be a problem with the plugin. Unfortunately, we don’t have a fix for this.

knittinginna
    Participant

Did you try to make choices in the product? I feel it might be some more Ajax-issue?

And what about the size chart? 🙂

Kind regards,

Stian

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You can simply check how it works with default WordPress theme to understand is it our theme issue or not.

Sorry, but we can’t move the size guide to the description section permanently.

knittinginna
    Participant

Hello again, I have now had the developers of Woocommerce Composite Plugin to check this, and confirms that it is a theme issue. The plugin works just fine with original wordpress themes, like storefront.

Could you please please help me to have a look at it again? I am getting desperate, as I am loosing customers and quite a lot of money due to this.

Kind regards,

Stian

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sure, could you please allow us to check how it works with default WordPress theme on your website? If we will notice any issues with our theme we will help you to solve them asap.

knittinginna
    Participant

Thank you so much, I have a dev-site where the test was made, I will register your credentials also there, just give me a few minutes, and I will post new info here.

knittinginna
    Participant

Ok, so the dev-site has the storefront installed now, and it works fine.

As earlier stated: The problem was that the amount of products in the composite product doesn’t show, and the total price doesn’t show at the end, before Add to cart.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Could you please send us your FTP access too?

knittinginna
    Participant

Ok

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to remove (or simply rename) the file wp-content/themes/basel/woocommerce/global/quantity-input.php. Seems that the plugin has some special requirements for this file and it doesn’t work if the theme overrides it.

knittinginna
    Participant

Allright, keeping my fingers crossed that it is a “quick fix”. I will need to get someone to help me do it.

I guess this file belongs to the basel theme? What is it? Or – should I remove it or rename it? What happens if I remove it?

Thank you so much for your help so far, I will keep you posted when I get someone to help me removing or renaming.

Kind regards,

Stian

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

As we said, the plugin overrides this file and add its extra functionality as our theme. So you just need to remove it from our theme to allow that plugin use its own version of that file. If you want, we can remove it for you.

knittinginna
    Participant

You´ll just have to excuse me, my technical knowledge is non existing.

Yes please – if the removal won’t cause any crash or errors, I would appreciate very much if you could remove or rename (whatever is less risky).

Thank you so much.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, check how it works now.

knittinginna
    Participant

At first glance, It seems to be working perfectly! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Thank you SO, SO much for your help!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Great, contact us when you will notice any other issues.

knittinginna
    Participant

Hello again, we are soon getting there, but I am afraid there still are some small issues shopping from mobile.

It is regarding normal simple products. You have to go into the actual product to add it to the cart. The “Buy” button below the product picture on the categories page only works for the first product you add. If you add another product from the categories page, the cart gets empty.

These are a couple of categories with “simple products” only:

https://knitting-inna.com/nb/produktkategori/strikkemonster/luer/

https://knitting-inna.com/nb/produktkategori/strikkemonster/barn/

And one more issue (both desktop and mobile).

When you enter the store page: https://knitting-inna.com/nb/butikk/

There are two sub-categories that doesn’t show, unless you hit the “ALL” link left on the black menu bar. This is the categories: https://knitting-inna.com/nb/produktkategori/garn/ & https://knitting-inna.com/nb/produktkategori/strikkepinner/

Also – do you know why the content on the main store page is longer down on the page, than if you enter a sub-category?

Kind regards,

Stian

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

1. The issue with adding to cart seems to be not related to our theme. Could you please check how it works with default WordPress theme on your development website?

2. When we visit your page the subcategories you are writing about are displayed correctly for us.

3. Could you please provide us a screenshot of this problem?

knittinginna
    Participant

I restored storefront on my dev page, and it works just fine to add to the cart, without having to click into the actual product, f.eks here: https://dev.knitting-inna.com/produktkategori/garn/alpakka-wool/ (This is only an issue on mobile phone)

Screenshots in Private Content.

Kind regards,

Stian

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

1. Add to cart works correctly with our theme too on your development website, right? Or do you mean that on mobile devices you don’t have the add to cart button?

2. Could you please try to clear or disable your optimization plugins?

3. It seems that you have added some empty paragraphs to your shop page content in Dashboard -> Pages.

knittinginna
    Participant

1. I mean in mobile devices, on the live site, The “Buy” button below the product picture on the categories page only works for the first product you add. The button always shows, but If you add another product from the categories page, the cart gets empty.

2. I am sorry, but I dont know what this is. Is it a specific plugin?

3. Well thats embarrassing, sorry.

Please bare with me just a little bit longer, I LOVE your theme, and I just need to get it perfect 🙂

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

1. Yes, we understand. It works on the desktop way in the same way. But as you can see, it happens on the live website only. And it means that it is not our theme issue but caused by some of installed plugins. Try to disable all 3d part plugins one by one to see which one causes this.

2. Sorry, but we don’t know which plugin did you install for the cache. It may be some WP Super cache or rocket cache. Check them in Dashboard -> Plugins.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)