Home Forums WoodMart support forum Product Description Read More Feature

Product Description Read More Feature

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

metechofficial
    Participant

Hello to you all,

I have changed the layout of the product description from layouts section.

I moved the description to the right side of the product image are.

The problem you can see on the attached photos, it is too long now. The show more button works well but all I want to make it shorter( showing less words) but I dont know and I couldnt find how to do it.

I tried the read more tag on text editor but nothing changed.

Could you please show me a way for this?

Thank you
    Screenshots
    Screenshots 2

Hello,

You can rewrite this button.

You can translate/rewrite all theme and plugin texts via PO file in WordPress. Here is a video tutorial that should help you translate your website texts with a Loco Translate plugin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3NsDdMzsls&list=PLMw6W4rAaOgKKv0oexGHzpWBg1imvrval&index=3

Please check the video tutorial to see how to save the translation file correctly. You can remove the plugin and translations would remain. Also, translations would remain after each theme update.

In order to translate the WooCommerce strings, you need to create a separate translation in Loco > Plugins > WooCommerce in the same way as shown in the video.

Best Regards

metechofficial
    Participant

You misunderstand I want to make description are to be shown shorter amd see rest of it when I click on show more button. But lets say it is showing 100 words now and when I click Show More button it shows another two more lines. I am talking abour collapsable text area. How can I change it to show only 2 or 3 lines or 20 words and hide rest and show rest when I click on show more button.
    I hope it is understandable now 😅
    Thank you

Hello,

You are using custom layouts for the product page and it is hardly possible to set the best place of inserting the button.

You can consider using the default product page and insert the button where it is necessary.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)