Home Forums WoodMart support forum Product Image Thumbnails

Product Image Thumbnails

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

applied-quill-0t
    Participant

Is there a way I can tell wood mart to crop to a thumbnail size? With different thumbnail sizes, the products have different heights and can produce unwanted results visually. Ideally, if there was a solution, I could tell woodmart to have one product thumbnail size regardless of the source image (crop), that would be a time saving trick!

Hello,

You can read our detailed documentation in the following link:
    https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/faq-guides/image-size-content-alignment-product-grid/

Best Regards.

applied-quill-0t
    Participant

This instruction does not appear to work. Various thumbnail settings do change the appearance of the images. Perhaps because these images are using the gallery?

applied-quill-0t
    Participant

Video Attached

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

applied-quill-0t
    Participant

This issue seemed to have gone away. Setting the thumbnail width to 200 or 250, followed by my preferred aspect ratio (custom) has reflected what I wanted. Thanks!

Hello,

The product images are controlled by WooCommerce and our theme doesn’t influence it. WooCommerce provides settings for images that you can find under Appearance >> Customize >> WooCommerce >> Product Images.

There is no optimal size. The image size depends on your needs and purpose. I would recommend optimizing images and uploading them in one and the same size.
    In addition, you can set the rules for images here: Appearance > Customize > WooCommerce > Product Image.

Upload bigger optimized images and setting would customize as per your needs.

Best Regards.

zondur
    Participant

Hello! You are talking about the following settings.

The product images are controlled by WooCommerce and our theme doesn’t influence it. WooCommerce provides settings for images that you can find under Appearance >> Customize >> WooCommerce >> Product Images.

But in fact the Woodmart theme ignores these settings. Unlike other themes I’ve been able to test. For example, cropping images 1 to 1, on other themes it works without shifting the product grid and whatever the original image, on other themes the image is displayed strictly 1 to 1, if you set this setting. The same cannot be said about the Woodmart theme. I already created a related question and wrote there problems related to the offset of the product grid for a number of reasons, images, the number of characters in the category name and much more affect the offset of the product grid. And it’s been over a week with no solution. Plus, I found a number of similar problems on the forum, but there are no solutions from you yet!

Hello,

Please check this manual: https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/image-size-and-content-alignment-in-a-product-grid/

If it does not solve your issue, please try to upload images of a bigger size.

Best Regards.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)