Home Forums WoodMart support forum Product page: hiding the “Brand” tab

Product page: hiding the “Brand” tab

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

DaveShishkoff
    Participant

Hi there! Fantastic theme, the documentation has been excellent, and so far I’ve been able to resolve most items on my own.

But there’s one thing: I can’t figure out how to hide the ‘Brand’ tab. There’s the ‘About Brand’ tab that can be toggled in the Theme Settings, but for some reason there’s a second ‘Brand’ tab that I can seem to disable..I’ve shared the URL with the admins.

It’s the second tab, after Description. The one I seem able to toggle is further down (and works fine!)

Thanks for any help in getting ride of that first Brand tab! =)

– Dave

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and for contacting us.

Please disable the brand in the Theme Settings > Shop > Brand: https://gyazo.com/14b91b7f67ef3c5317b4febe0c371925

Please check this manual: https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/product-brands/

Best Regards

DaveShishkoff
    Participant

Hey again – that’s the setting I’m referring to that works, and it turns on and off the ‘About *Brand*’ on the page Iinked to that’s further down the right.

The ‘Brand’ tab I’m referring to is the second one on the link if you take a look, and just says ‘Brand’. I’m not sure how that got there, or how to get rid of it. It was on the Product page before I even added the Brand attribute as you described.

The above steps obviously don’t have an effect. Hope that’s more clear, thanks!

Hello,

Please insert the site admin access into the Private content below the message area. We will take a closer look at the case.

Best Regards

DaveShishkoff
    Participant

Hey again – I just found it!

It’s from Woo Commerce – under Settings -> Products – there was a toggle there to add Brand to the Product page, turned it off and now I’m all good, sorry about that but thanks for the help!

If it’s okay for me to ask another question here, I’m trying to work with the Brands banner (it’s near the top, and also just above the footer). It seems to rely on Brand being added as a Product page Attribute for each entry.

Curious if this can be switched to the Woo/WP Brand listing that already exists? (Again, all my products are already linked this way.)

If that’s not an option, is there a faster way to add Attributes to products (like in a bulk edit?) The store I’m working on imported 500+ products from the original site (it was on Drupal, but fortunately they copied over well), and all Products already have a Brand selected, but it seems I have to also add a Brand attribute to get these banners to work…and it’s a cumbersome process to go to each Product entry and add an Attribute to each Product. Any tips there? =)

Hello,

Could you kindly provide the site admin access so that I could check how brands work and try to configure?

Best Regards

DaveShishkoff
    Participant

Will do – also just as a reference this is the help doc I’ve been referring to:

https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/product-brands/

Hello,

Unfortunately, I cannot log in.

Please check the Dashboard > Media, make sure you have added the title and alt. Then give me the page URL containing a such image, however, alt and the title is not shown.

Best Regards

DaveShishkoff
    Participant

Sorry, username was incorrect, updating in the secure box below.

Not sure what you’re referring to otherwise. I’m referring to Brands, and how there are two ‘kinds’ of Brands – the Brand category from Woo Commerce, and then there’s the Attribute Brand, and how that appears to be used for some aspects like the pre-footer banner (with all the brand logos and links.) But these two don’t really line up, and it’s like you have to set up Brands twice. Once for the Products themselves, and then add an Attribute so that these banner elements work.

My earlier question is essentially if this can be changed so the Woo Brands can be used by this, so I don’t have to go adding a bunch of brands a second time (to the attributes section) and then editing all my Products adding this attribute.

Or alternatively is there’s a bulk way to add attributes, which at least would speed up this process.

Thank you!

Hello,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to assign the products to the brands in bulk. I requested access to check your current settings to know what to suggest.

If you want to show the label of the brand on the product page, you need to configure the brand on the product page: https://gyazo.com/174a4f68da9e87147a5c7eb1a5fe054a and https://gyazo.com/1789bb794854b8bb3f7642580002ef57

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

DaveShishkoff
    Participant

Hi again, this has been a frustrating experience, I don’t think you’re paying attention to what I’ve been asking.

Also, you made an unapproved change to my site, that isn’t at all what I was asking about, wasting my time, as well as the money of my employer. I feel I’ve explained myself clearly, and linked directly to the support document that I was referring to, and you did something totally different and unrelated. Very disappointed in the support here.

Hello,

I am sorry, I could follow you wrong.

You asked for:

If it’s okay for me to ask another question here, I’m trying to work with the Brands banner (it’s near the top, and also just above the footer). It seems to rely on Brand being added as a Product page Attribute for each entry.

And I show hot to configure.

Then you say, you managed to disable the Brand tab, I check a product I do not see it, it means you have removed it.

As I told it is not possible to assign products in bulk.

You say you have two brands: product category and from attribute. The theme does not generate any product categories or brands. Most likely you created a category and attribute with the same title and slug.

Please clarify what kind of help you need now.

Best Regards

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)