Home Forums WoodMart support forum Product search

Product search

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

JuliaSan
    Participant

Hi, I am setting up our website with Woodmart theme and looking into the product search functionality. The basic version of Woocommerce is not very customer friendly, as it only supports the search for elements of the product name.

I have been told that there are 2 options:
    – woocommerce-product-search, or
    – advanced-woo-search (premium version)

Do you have any experience with any of them in combination with your theme?
    Or do you have another suggestion what to use?
    We need to have categories, tags and product descriptions to be searchable as well.

Thanks in advance for your advice!
    Julia

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sorry, but we didn’t have a chance to test our theme with some of these plugins and we are not aware of any incompatibility issues.

Regards

JuliaSan
    Participant

Hello,
    in the end I have purchased the „Woocommerce Search Products” extension for an improved search functionality and installed it to our woodmart themed website. It is now in the widget area of the shop page on top of the categories. But if I am searching something with it and there is no result I get the page with the standard „sorry nothing found” message from Woocommerce, and the standard search bar appears in the middle of the page (not the search extension above). Is there a way to replace this search bar with the improved one or at least hide it and keep only the „sorry” message?
    I am attaching a screenshot with what I mean.
    Thanks,
    Julia

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Could you please disable the maintenance mode so we can check it on your website?

Thank you

JuliaSan
    Participant

it is switched off now.
    thanks for taking a look

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

This search form can be removed/changed only with additional code customization. The function for this form is called in the file woodmart/woocommerce/product-searchform.php. Unfortunately, we don’t have an instruction how to switch it to the form from your plugin since we don’t know what code it should be to show that form. Maybe plugin’s developers can help you.

JuliaSan
    Participant

Hi,

is it possible to copy the woodmart/woocommerce/product-searchform.php in my child theme and simply add the code?
    This would be: [woocommerce_product_search]
    Could you please advise?
    Thanks,
    Julia

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, you can copy it to the child theme and modify its code.

Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)