Home Forums WoodMart support forum Q&A about Theme Speed and Optimization of Woodmart!

Q&A about Theme Speed and Optimization of Woodmart!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

jodyshop
    Participant

Hello Woodmart lovers
    I started to receive too many questions regarding my Jodyshop.com speed and optimization.

Well, I have to reveal that secret to all of you! No more shadow! No more secrets to hide from anyone. I love to share my experiences with others.

1st secret: The code quality of “Woodmart theme”

Yes, it’s clean and very optimized code for big shopping websites (big in popularity and/or the number of items).

2nd secret: The cache plugin I used

Of course, there are other factors used to make it faster and search engine friendly and also to make it secure.

Here are the plugins I used:

• 1- WP fastest cache (don’t forget to use the free WP CDN).
    • 2- Remove Query Strings plugin (By LittleBizzy).
    • 3- WP-Optimize plugin (By David Anderson, Ruhani Rabin, Team Updraft).
    • 4- Yoast SEO.

3rd secret: The very well optimized Hosting provider.

Yes, The “SiteGround” servers are the key secret to all successful websites. As you can see, I don’t add any affiliate link to gain revenue by recommending it. I just a loyal customer for years at SiteGround web hosting.

That’s it, No magic or hidden secrets for maximum speed and success.

Thank you 🙂 Jodyshop

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you so much for writing such a detailed review here. We will keep this topic opened in case some other customers will have some questions. We will also add your website to our showcase for sure 🙂

Kind Regards

jodyshop
    Participant

Thank you very much for your kind reply! I am happy for that. Anyway, If anyone asked about how to optimize the theme, I can give a detailed settings steps to setup and customize the plugins I mentioned to give the maximum speed.

Please let me know when you include my website in your showcase 🙂

fotoviva
    Participant

I was going to ask about your settings but then looked on gmetrix https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.jodyshop.com/It22bAqK and they gave it a C+

Needs to serve scaled images and defer parsing of javascript. 86 requests is a lot and nearly 4 seconds to load.

I’m still building my site so haven’t done anything to speed it up. Let’s all chip in to try and shave some time off our loading times!

jodyshop
    Participant

Hi @fotoviva

Thanks for testing and interesting in speed optimization!

Well, The C+ grade is due to large page (homepage) content. If you want to make it faster you can lower the homepage resources by removing some elements.

Also, If you checked with other speed testers like Pingdom Page Speed + Google Page Speed you’ll find it faster. Just loading in 1.9s 🙂

Please check the attached images…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

jodyshop
    Participant

Ops! Forget important speed factor especially for Gtmitrix, It’s the LazyLoad plugin.

The lazyload plugin(s) can give you about 20% in grade enhancement or more! But unfortunately, it’s not compatible with the Woodmart theme. I have tried too many popular plugins but no one gives extra performance.

So, I hope that @xtemos team can find out someway to make it builtin code.

Jess
    Participant

Great! Thank you, Jodyshop.

jodyshop
    Participant

@Jess You’re most welcome 🙂

timvanhuik
    Participant

Hi Jodyshop,

Kind to share this information!

I have the premium version of WP fastest cache and you are mentioning: “don’t forget to use the free WP CDN”

But what do you exactly mean by that? there are only paid option in the WPFC plugin

🙂

Happy to know what you mean.

You have also mentioned the Lazy Loading,… but that’s included in the theme now.

jodyshop
    Participant

Hi @timvanhuik

I mean don’t forget to use the free CDN (from WP or other’s) because it’s very important and make the site faster.

Thank you

mahnaz
    Participant

I’ve really program about speed, I used a lot of plugin to solve it , but it’s not useful

jodyshop
    Participant

Hello @mahnaz
    Thanks for your feedback.

Well, there are too many ways to reduce site speed loading time and what I mentioned previously are some of it. You can try your own or hire a speed server.

Also, there is a new plugin called: (Borlabs cache – https://de.borlabs.io/borlabs-cache/download/) and it’s awesome.

Thank you

mahnaz
    Participant

@jodyshop
    Thank you for your response

I add Remove Query Strings From Static Resources but my site don’t change
    I do this #56116 and it was really useful for me thank you.
    Now, My site is empty and the score isn’t good, is it possible to check it? vbikedotca
    I have a problem about Minify” JavaScript and CSS” and “Use cookie-free domains” and Add Expires headers
    Borlabs cache was really good but my site has a jetpack package, Can I use both of them?
    another question is about your code, can I use them in another site? or it’s customize for Woodmart only?

mahnaz
    Participant

Do you ever use Query Monitor? I saw a lot of duplication in my product page.thanks

jodyshop
    Participant

Hello, @mahnaz

it’s not important to fix everything 100% like Minify JavaScript and CSS and Use cookie-free domains, and Add Expires headers.

Yes, you can use both of them.
    Yes, you can use the code on any theme you want.

mahnaz
    Participant

hi jodyshop
    yesterday suddenly 2 main of my page web site was white
    and after talk with hosting and update all plugin, my site work correctly good but I deactivate borlabs cash and unfortunate my site speed change to D(66)
    is it possible that configure between cash plugin? how many cash plugin you used?
    Do you have one solution that nobody understands I use WordPress on my site?
    witch security plugin that do you use?

jodyshop
    Participant

Hello @mahnaz
    Thanks for your interest.

I have used these plugin:
    WP fastest cache before the current one borlabs cache plugin.

mahnaz
    Participant

No .
    I think that my ticket wasn’t clear
    In the same time I use a 2-3 plugin for cash, Is it good?
    and borlabs cache plugin has a config with discount plugin

jodyshop
    Participant

Sometimes it can make problems, you can only use one caching plugin to prevent issues.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)