Home Forums WoodMart support forum “Quantity” of product variation can be udpated in shopping cart automatically

“Quantity” of product variation can be udpated in shopping cart automatically

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

keithyung2014
    Participant

I installed wordpress, woocommerce, elementor and woodmart theme. Let me give you an example what issue we are facing.

I created an attribute which is called “quantity” with 1, 12, & 24. Then I accessed to “Product” tab under Woocommerce of WordPress Dashboard, and added this “quantity” on the attribute tab of e.g. Product A with 1, 12, 24 as their attribute value, and checked the box of “visible” & “Variation” as well. Afterwards, I also added 1, 12 & 24 on the variation tab of Product A, and am filling the variation form with “no discount for choosing 1, $1 discount for choosing 12, and $2 discount for choosing 24”. The aim I did this is to create a variation checkbox in this Product A’s listing grid of shop page with 3 options (1, 12, 24). When customer choose 12, then the shopping cart can automatically updated the quantity to 12, and the price with $1 discount ; and choose 24, then the shopping cart can automatically updated the quantity to 24, and the price with $2 discount.
    But finally I am successful to make this change to the “$1 discount” only, but failed to make this change to the “quantity”. Because when the shopping cart expanded after I checked the variation checkbox, it really shows there is $1 discount but still shows the quantity is 1, rather than the quantity I checked. How can I fix this by using the simplest method rather than adding a code to JS ?

(Attached pls check the successful case who is also using one of the Woodmart theme, Woocommerce and WordPress to create its won website like us.)

My email is : [email protected] | attached pls check the proof that I bought your theme product

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hello keithyung2014,

Thank you so much for contacting our support center.

To better assist you, could you kindly test the functionality with default WordPress themes such as TwentyTwenty or WooCommerce Storefront? This will help us determine whether the issue stems from our theme or elsewhere.

Regards

keithyung2014
    Participant

Hi Hung Pham,

I haven’t used TwentyTwenty or WooCommerce Storefront as a testing. But when I click in the Woocommerce > “System Status”, there is a notification – woodmart/woocommerce/loop/add-to-cart.php version 3.3.0 has not been updated。core version is 9.0.0.

Would you please update it because the issue I mentioned few days ago regarding to “add to cart” in this Woodmart Feedback, is — “Quantity” of product variation CAN’T BE UPDATED in shopping cart automatically. The problem may be due to it.

Thanks
    Keith

keithyung2014
    Participant

Hi Hung Pham,

I tried to have installed and activated the Sullivan Theme (this is ecommerce theme) as a testing, then successful to have changed both the quantity variation and the discounted price. So I think the reason for that is probbaly because Woodmart theme has not updated “add-to-cart.php version” to make it compatible with the newest Woocommerce quantity variation. I said that because when I clicked in the Woocommerce’s “System Status”, there is only an error notification among a pile of notifications – woodmart/woocommerce/loop/add-to-cart.php version 3.3.0 has not been updated。core version is 9.0.0.

Would you please update it because the issue I mentioned few days ago regarding to “add to cart” in this Woodmart Feedback, is — “Quantity” of product variation CAN’T BE UPDATED in shopping cart automatically. The problem may be due to it.

Thanks
    Keith

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi keithyung2014,

To assist you in the best possible manner, I kindly ask that you please provide me temporary wp-admin info (wp-admin URL, username, password) to the Private Content area, this will allow me to thoroughly investigate and address your concerns more efficiently.

Regards,

keithyung2014
    Participant

Admin Panel: petnwooo.com/wp-admin/
    Dashboard Username: [email protected]
    Dashboard Password: WAMTScGpS5
    (*Please keep the above information confidential)

During the HK time 03:00 – 11:00 everyday, I will not be using the website. So if you can be available to login my system for checking during this time zone, you can do it any day. It is appreciated that if you can text me before and after you do it and did it respectively.

If you have your ideal time zone to do login rather than the above time zone, please let me know and I will let it go for you.

Thanks
    Keith

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi keithyung2014,

The site you captured screenshots are using Quantity manager plugins, which enabling you to set fixed quantities with price. And WoodMart does not have this option, unfortunately.

I found they are using one of these plugins:

https://woocommerce.com/it/products/advanced-product-quantity/
    https://barn2.com/wordpress-plugins/woocommerce-quantity-manager/

Please note that we do not give a guarantee for full theme compatibility with all existing 3rd party plugins. Sometimes, not always, you need additionally customize the theme or plugin to make them work together. Unfortunately, it’s not possible for the author to make the theme compatible with all the existing plugins and additional customization is outside the scope of our basic support.

Regards,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)