Home Forums WoodMart support forum Remove RevSlider completely?

Remove RevSlider completely?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

jackennils
    Participant

Hello!

I don’t want to use Revslider coming with the theme. However, when I try to delete it, the site throws an error. It seems the theme only works with the slider being enabled. Is it not possible to remove it?
    Because even with no slider on the page, many scripts are loaded unnecessarily.

Thanks!

jackennils
    Participant

Forget about it, it’s now working. Added some stuff to htaccess file and now I could deactivate without problems.

jackennils
    Participant

Okay, it was just random. Fresh reload, still error 🙁

Hello,

There are demos based on Slider Revolution, which is why you see the warning that this plugin is required. If you do not want to use the plugin, remove it from the pages and then deactivate it.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

jackennils
    Participant

Hello Elise,

I have used the Demo Hardware which has a slider on the home page. I have removed it from there, even remove the slider from the plugin, but when I try to deactivate the plugin, my website throws a 500 or 503 error.

Kind regards

Hello,

Please insert the site admin access into the Private content below the message area. We will take a closer look at the case.

Best Regards

jackennils
    Participant

Here you go.

To reproduce do the following:
    – go to the plugins page
    – deactivate RevSlider
    – open the home page or shop in a new tab
    –> you’ll see it’s not working
    – go back the the plugins tab
    – reactivate RevSlider
    –> site is working again

jackennils
    Participant

And here additionally FTP access, as you might probably need to rename the plugins folder to deactive them all, to get back into wp-admin. 😉

Hello,

Thank you for FTP, please provide us the site admin access to the WordPress dashboard.

Best Regards

jackennils
    Participant

It’s one post above the FTP access.

jackennils
    Participant

Okay, I think this can be considered as resolved.

The slider which came with the demo content wasn’t removed in the Woodmart settings.
    Now I could deactivate and remove RevSlider successfully. Also, the server errors which occured were due to my memory_limit being only 128 MB. It has now been increased to 256 MB and the site is running fine again.

Hello,

We are glad you have solved the issue.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)