Home Forums WoodMart support forum Resizing Product images (on single product view) to correct size

Resizing Product images (on single product view) to correct size

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

mbx
    Participant

Hi,

When products gets added to my site, the images are blurry because they’re resized (oversized) to be larger than they actually are. Is there a way to make sure that this isn’t the case? I’ve tried resizing the image size through Appearance > Customizer > WooCommerce > Image size, but it doesn’t seem to do anything. How do I tell it to show the default width and height of whatever image is being shown?

mbx
    Participant

Also, how do I make sure that each image is the same height so that there’s no white space for the taller photos vs the shorter ones?

Hello,

When products gets added to my site, the images are blurry because they’re resized (oversized) to be larger than they actually are

Upload big images so that they could has size enough to be cropped to the equal height and width.

Also, how do I make sure that each image is the same height so that there’s no white space for the taller photos vs the shorter ones?

You set the width, and height is set automatically but all of them will be of the equal height.

Best Regards

mbx
    Participant

I can’t control the images that get added because they’re external affiliate products. How do you control this from happening? Loading of the oversized images?

Hello,

If the images are uploaded from external source WooCommerce does not provide any options to influence that. If you check the issue on any default theme you will have the same problem. Find a way to upload images of bigger size.

Best Regards

mbx
    Participant

I figured it out. It’s a theme settings.

Theme Settings > Product Page > Image > Product image width

Product image width (small, medium, large)
    You can choose different page layout depending on the product image size you need

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

It influences the product page layout but not the images sizes. Original images are still not resized. Anyway, we are glad that you found this workaround.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)