Home Forums WoodMart support forum Revolution Slider not working

Revolution Slider not working

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

fightzone
    Participant

Our revolution slider is not working anymore. We can’t edit the slides or create a new slider. We are trying for example to edit #1 main-slider but the save button is not working after we make the adjustments.

In the console we see:
    (index):7 WebSocket connection to ‘wss://public-api.wordpress.com/pinghub/wpcom/me/newest-note-data’ failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: Unexpected response code: 403

Perhaps you can log in and tell us what is preventing this plugin from working? Login has been provided in Private Content.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

It seems that this problem comes with the latest version of the Revolution Slider. Try to remove the current one and install this version https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AEW7a6wszLAwrReXSmB4kzr3k3l8W25n/view

oxinchannel
    Participant

fightzone
    Participant

I installed this version and certain functions are still not working such as the Save Button at the top of edit slider page. I also can’t add slides. I disabled two plugins that I installed myself namely: Yoast SEO and Really Simple SSL, but this didn’t cause the plugin to work either. Please login to see for yourself and advise.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

The problem seems to be caused by a conflict with CMB2 plugin. Try to install the previous version of CMB2 to fix it.

fightzone
    Participant

Yes, deactivating that plugin causes Rev slider to work again. Thanks for the effort, I can continue from here.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

As a workaround, you can comment this piece of code in the file plugins/cmb2/includes/CMB2_JS.php http://prntscr.com/jnhil1

if ( function_exists( 'wp_enqueue_code_editor' ) ) {
    			$l10n['defaults']['code_editor'] = wp_enqueue_code_editor( array(
    				'type' => 'text/html',
    			) );
    		}

Regards

andreameini
    Participant

Can you fix for me?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

There are no any programming skills required, just remove the code we sent you.

andreameini
    Participant

Only remove this code?

if ( function_exists( ‘wp_enqueue_code_editor’ ) ) {
    $l10n[‘defaults’][‘code_editor’] = wp_enqueue_code_editor( array(
    ‘type’ => ‘text/html’,
    ) );
    }

newsprince
    Participant

It seems CMB2 latest update breaks other stuff too. For example wp export and wp all import plugins and other plugin conflicts too. If you comment out the code you provided everything works. The thing is will the developer release a fix or we have to comment out this code in every update?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but we don’t have any official information from plugin’s developers about the issue. Hope that it will be resolved soon.

newsprince
    Participant

From the CMB2 plugin author:

“The problem I have with this, even if it does technically work, is that it disables CMB2 functionality that is enqueuing valid WordPress core functionality, to fix issues coming from other plugins. In my mind, it’s be better if someone did revert to the previous version of CMB2 until these other plugins get caught up, but also the other plugins should be let know about the errors coming from something like wp_enqueue_code_editor having ‘text/html’ set for its type. Not saying it’s not good to update plugins as new releases are made, but at times, it’s better than hacking away at its features”

Link:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/conflict-with-essential-grid-js-css-errors/

And also:

“I realize i’m going to come off pointing fingers, but unless CMB2 is somehow using this function wrong, or storing the return results wrong, then it’s more an issue coming from these other plugins. They need to also be made aware of the errors coming up from someone potentially using a core WordPress function in these various screens. Specifically wp_enqueue_code_editor.

I’m willing to be wrong though, don’t get me wrong, but the found “solution” is just removing a newly added feature for CMB2.”

Link:

https://github.com/CMB2/CMB2/issues/1110#issuecomment-374925395

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We hope that this issue will be fixed in the next update of the Revolution Slider.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)