Home Forums WoodMart support forum RSS Not Working

RSS Not Working

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

mark-9547
    Participant

I’m at wit’s end. About a month ago, my RSS feed just randomly doesn’t work. It’s intermittent — I have a Mailchimp RSS email that connects to my feed and sends an email when there’s new content. Weirdly, the RSS feed fails validation, and other times, it sends an RSS email with “no content”.

To troubleshoot, I’ve turned off plugins and tried to send the email. Still doesn’t work. There’s new content there! What’s up?! Mailchimp says it’s either the hosting server (something about the chron?!) or it’s the theme. Known issue? Suggestions?

Hello,

Could you please check how it works with some default WordPress themes like WooCommerce Storefront to understand if it is our theme issue or not?

Best Regards

mark-9547
    Participant

I’m not a Dev… if I use troubleshooting mode and switch to Hello Elementor (the only other one I have), and then go to Mailchimp and send the RSS email… will that prove anything? Especially since it’s intermittent?

Hello,

Yes, switching to Hello Elementor in troubleshooting mode and testing the RSS email with Mailchimp can help determine if the issue is with our theme. If the problem persists with Hello Elementor, it’s likely not related to our theme. This test can help us narrow down the cause.

Best Regards.

mark-9547
    Participant

Well, that worked. I assume that means your theme is the issue?

Here’s what I did:
    Turned all plugins off (Wordmart on) , posted a new post on WP, triggered the RSS Mailchimp email. Didn’t work.

so then I:
    Turned all necessary plugins on. Switched themes to Hello Elementor. posted a new post on WP, triggered the RSS Mailchimp email. Worked. Sent perfectly.

Now what?!?!

Hello,

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience. Kindly, please share your Site WP-ADMIN Login details in the Private Content field so that we can check this concern on your Site and help you out accordingly.

Best Regards.

mark-9547
    Participant

Thank you! I hope you can solve this. Mailchimp RSS email was working up to the week of June 3 — I’m not sure if there was a theme update or what… help! It doesn’t work now — but does if I switch themes (I switched to Hello Elementor). So crazy!

Hello,

Please deactivate all the 3rd party plugins and activate only theme-required plugins on the site and then check the issue. I am sure your issue will be solved. Then Activate the 3rd party plugins one by one and check which plugin is creating the issue for you.

Otherwise, if the issue still exists then keep the 3rd party plugins deactivated and let me know I will further check on your site and give you a possible solution.

Best Regards.

mark-9547
    Participant

Thank you for your advice. What you requested was tried a couple of times. Here are the issues:

The RSS email is random whether it works or not. So when I turned all the plugins off (it broke areas of our site) and the RSS didn’t work properly.

I would do as you suggest (turning one plugin on and testing) but the when the plugins are off areas of the site are broken. And the only way to test (that I know of) is to trigger the RSS email. That can only be done at the top of each hour. So my site would be broken for a huge length of time.

But since the RSS didn’t work with all the plugins off, that doesn’t matter, correct? Is there another way for me to test? If you want me to turn all plugins off, I’ll need to know when you’ll be working on the site (so that areas aren’t broken for a long period of time).

Am I overlooking something? Is there an easier way to test RSS? Help! I’m not a techie… all I know is that it worked till June 3 and then it stopped. Suggestions?

Hello,

Could you please record two videos for a better understanding of the issue: one showing how it works with the default theme, demonstrating that it indeed works, and another showing how it currently works with our theme?

Best Regards.

mark-9547
    Participant

Well, after a full week of intensive troubleshooting, I identified the RSS issue as WP Rocket. It’s fixed now. Please close this ticket. Thank you.

Sounds Great! that your issue has been solved.

I’m so happy to hear you are pleased with the Theme and Support. XTEMOS strives to deliver the best customer experience, and it makes our day to hear we have accomplished that.

We count ourselves lucky to have you as a customer. You can always reach us at any time. We are always here to help you.

Thanks for contacting us.
    Have a great day.

Topic Closed.
    Best Regards.

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘RSS Not Working’ is closed to new replies.