Home Forums WoodMart support forum Schema org – Product Description

Schema org – Product Description

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

supergap
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m re-creating from zero an already existing e-commerce site.
    I get an issue with Woodmart theme about Schema org – Description Meta.. As you know this Meta is really important because provide to Google Shopping the Product description. But using Woodmart (woocomemrce+Elementor…), the Schema org – Product Description Meta doesn’t report the Product Description (that is in the default-mandatory first Elementor product tab) BUT the Woocommerce Short Description..

This of of course is not a good thing, because Google looses a lot of Product information.

Normally, the ‘Product Description Meta (Schema org)’ shows the product field ‘Description’.
    Of course I could make longer and complete the short description, but it will not be anymore a short description. So this is not the solution.
    The right thing is that Description Info has to be token directly from where expected: from the product field Description.

Some Screenshot to better clarify.
    img 1) As you can see Schema org reads the description form the ‘Product Short Description’ instead of the Description Tab text form Elementor editor (img 2 and 3).

Probably I loose some theme setting to get what I trying to explain. I hope you can help me with this problem, Thanks.

• This topic was modified 8 months ago by supergap.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

I have submitted the case to our developers and we will get back to you asap.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

supergap
    Participant

Hi, thanks.
    I add a note to this issue:
    As you know there are 2 ways to edit a product:
    -1 just ‘EDIT’ (to set and edit major product features included Short Description)
    -2 Edit ‘EDIT WITH ELEMENTOR’ (to edit aspect ratio and content included Description)

I tried by ‘leaving empty short description field’ in main EDIT page. In this way, the first text that is possible to set as Product Description Meta become the first text in ‘Elementor Edit’, that is ‘Description Tab’.
    So the only way I found is to leave empty the ‘short description’. Of course this is not the solution, because everybody know the importance of the short description as a hock for customer.

Perhaps (but i didn’t find the way) could be possible to ‘force’ an alternative description by some plugin like Yoast? So the description ‘sent’ to Schema Org Meta swift from product page content to an alternative content (more or less like snippet for page and post with a set plugin).

Please refer this note to developers. Thanks a lot.

Hello,

WoodMart allows to set different designs on hover in the product grid. One of the options is “Hover content”. You can find this option in the Theme Settings > Product Archive > Product Style.

As soon as you choose this option you have the option you choose what content to show in this block: https://monosnap.com/file/swCqK6RIIrYuhoROH6YOkEfBjfPMKx

When you select to show the description and a product does not have a short description, part of the main description is shown.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)