Home Forums WoodMart support forum Search only the titles of the products and not the description

Search only the titles of the products and not the description

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Nagendra
    Participant

How do I edit the search bar so it only searches through the titles of the products and not through the description of the products?

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and for contacting us.

The default Woocommerce search finds the words by a keyword. Our theme allows finds products by a category and SKU. There is no possibility to find the product by description, unfortunately.

Best Regards

Nagendra
    Participant

Hello,

You misunderstood me. I am using the WOODMART Ajax Search bar in my shop page search bar and it is searching through product description also and I don’t want that. I want it to search only through the product name or category type. How do I do that.

Nagendra
    Participant

Also I dont want to create a new topic for this but I have another doubt. I am unable to add Brand Carousel in my Blog page. Please help me resolve both the issues ASAP.

Thank you

Hello,

Please provide me with a product link which contains the word in the description which is not mentioned in the title. Please deactivate all the plugins not related to the theme so that I could check.

The Blog page is the functional page you cannot add anything there. You can configure the page in the Theme Settings > Blob

Best Regards

Nagendra
    Participant

My website is actually under construction right now. The images are attached, please see to it.
    In the image attached Olive oil is in the description and not the titles. Still search bar is finding these products and I don’t want that. Please check.

Thanks.

Nagendra
    Participant

Image Attached here.
    Thanks.

Hello,

Search is the Woocommerce functionality and it finds the keyword both in a title and in the description.

Best Regards

Nagendra
    Participant

Image is attached here.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Nagendra
    Participant

Ma’am, I am using WOODMART Ajax Search Bar and it is searching in both titles and description. It is your responsibility to solve this then.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Could you please check how the search form works in WooCommerce when using default WordPress theme?

Nagendra
    Participant

The woocommerce search form is also searching in both product titles and description.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

And our search form is the same search form but just powered with AJAX functionality. So the theme doesn’t influence the search algorithm.

Nagendra
    Participant

And I have another doubt. The brand carousel is working fine on the home page but I am unable to add that on my blog page. Please see to it.

Thanks.

Attachments:

Please provide your site admin access and Blog page URL

Best Regards

Nagendra
    Participant

I was able to edit and make the brand carousel work.

Thanks.

Have you solved all your issues?

Nagendra
    Participant

No, actually. I still need my search bar to search by the product title and category only. If you could suggest me on how to edit the code for it, that would be really helpful.

Thanks.

Hello,

We do not have a ready solution for that and our support does not cover the modification of the plugins. Perhaps you can search for a plugin.

As for the search by category, you can find this option in the Search element of the Header Builder https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/header-builder/add-edit-builder-elements/

Best Regards

Nagendra
    Participant

Hello,

I have found the plugin that I need to include but I am unable to add it in my header. In my header settings I am only getting the option to add the default WOODMART Ajax Search bar. How do I add a different search bar to my header?
    Please see to it.

Thanks.

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You need to refer to plugin’s documentation or support to understand how to use it.

Nagendra
    Participant

Hello,

If your support cannot help me in any other way. Could you please tell me just where the code behind the search bar is located. I am saying this for the 3rd time that I am using WOODMART Ajax Search only. Then how can you suggest me to refer to plugins documentation?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

The code is located in the file inc/modules/search.php.

Regards

computermobil
    Participant

Hi Nagendra.
    May i ask you what plugin you used for that issue?
    Thank you in advance!

Tagged: ,

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)